Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1859

19 March 2012

1859 – St. Austin’s Abbey, Tullow, Co. Carlow

Architect: Deane & Woodward St. Austin’s Abbey was built in the 1850’s by Charles Henry Doyne youngest son of Robert Doyne. The architects were Sir Thomas Newenham Deane and Benjamin Woodward. The house...

27 February 2012

1859 – Cornagilta School, Tydavnet, Co. Monaghan

Architect: Francis Turner Palgrave Neo-Gothic schoolhouse, built along with a teacher’s house for Miss Gertrude Rose of Mullaghmore House. A perspective view of the school, drawn and engraved by Palgrave in 1860 and...

17 February 2011

1859 – Chapel, Royal Dockyard, Woolwich, London

Architect: George Gilbert Scott St Barnabas Church was originally designed by Sir George Gilbert Scott and was built between 1857 and 1859 as the Naval Dockyard Church at Woolwich Dockyard. It stood for...

14 February 2011

1859 – All Souls Church, Haley Hill, Halifax, Yorkshire

Architect: George Gilbert Scott All Souls was commissioned and paid for by the local industrialist Edward Akroyd in 1856, and was intended to be the centrepiece of the model village of Akroydon. Akroyd...

25 June 2010

1859 – State Capitol, Nashville, Tennessee

Architect: William Strickland The Tennessee State Capitol was designed by renowned Philadelphia architect William Strickland, who modeled it after a Greek Ionic temple and is one of Nashville’s most prominent examples of Greek...

09 June 2010

1859 – Former Harcourt Street Station, Dublin

Architect: George Wilkinson Built in 1859 as a railway terminus, Harcourt Street Station was in use for almost exactly 100 years closing in 1959. A monumental design on a plinth of steps, with...

16 February 2010

1859 – Former Bank, Foster Place, Dublin

Architect: Papworth & Geoghegan Before the formation of AIB, this was known as the Royal Bank. The exterior is fairly straight forward classicism with a good neo-classical porch added in 1850. It is...

28 January 2010

1859 – Coastguard Station, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: James H. Owen – Board of Public Works Like others built along the Irish coastline, this coastguard station features a lookout tower and residential units for crews and their families. Here, the...

21 January 2010

1859 – St George’s School, Balbriggan, Co. Dublin

Architect: Sandham Symes St George’s Parish (Church of Ireland) school, Hampton Street, Balbriggan was provided in 1859 by George Woods of Milverton Hall to the design of Sandham Symes.