Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1859

20 January 2010

1859 – Rory O’More Bridge, Dublin

Opened in 1859, Rory O’More Bridge is named after one of the ringleaders of a plot to capture Dublin in October 1641. Previously the bridge was known as Queen Victoria Bridge. Prior to...

06 January 2010

1859 – Town Hall, Dundalk, Co. Louth

Architect: John Murray Built in 1859 for the Corn Exchange Company, but the cost of building it put the company into liquidation and so the Town Commissioners bought it for 4,000 pounds. The...

11 December 2009

1859 – Christ Church Anglican Cathedral, Montreal, Quebec

Architect: Frank W. Wills The present Cathedral was completed in 1859, after fire destroyed the previous church on this site. It is a neo-Gothic building, designed by British architect Frank Wills. The spire...

04 December 2009

1859 – Plaça de Reial, Barcelona

Architect: Francesc Daniel Molina A fine nineteenth century square inserted into the fabric of the old town. The buildings with their identical facades have arcaded ground floors and ironwork balconies. Several entrances to...

29 September 2009

1859 – Former Great Northern Railway Station, Glaslough, Co. Monaghan

Now disused and boarded up, this stone Railway Station still has its platforms intact. Some railways sheds on the property have been converted to other uses. The building like many of the larger...

28 September 2009

1859 – Former Methodist Church, Cavan, Co. Cavan

Architect: William Hague Former church with truncated spire over the doorway. A simple exercise in Gothic revival.

11 August 2009

1859 – Eglise Notre Dame du Portage, Quebec

Pages:« Prev123