Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1860

27 October 2015

1860 – Dromahair Abbey Hotel, Co. Leitrim

Long established hotel, now falling into dereliction, after closure in 2011 and being left to rot. The owners were unknown until finally identified in 2015. In July 2015, Leitrim County Council issued notices...

08 October 2015

1860 – Proposal for St. Andrew’s Church, Andrew St., Dublin

Architect: Lanyon, Lynn and Lanyon More expansive scheme than constructed to replace the church destroyed in a fire in 1860. This illustration appears to show the church (largely as constructed) with schools, hall...

07 October 2015

1860 – Warehouse, Nos.17-18 Mary St., Dublin

Architect: Alfred G. Jones Rebuilding of a extensive furniture & upholstery establishment. Shop front of ‘novel and ornate character’. The upper part of the facade, has lost its curvilinear gables and is now...

07 October 2015

1860 – Shop Front, No.40 Upper O’Connell Street, Dublin

Architect: Alfred G. Jones Shopfront for Cherry & Sheilds, paper warehouse, published in The Irish Builder.

06 October 2015

1860 – Drinking Fountain, Beresford Place, Dublin

Architect: Deane & Woodward Published in The Dublin Builder, February 1 1861, and gifted to the city by the Earl of Carlisle. “An exception however to this structure, has been erected near the...

06 October 2015

1860 – Drinking Fountain, Parkgate St., Dublin

Architect: Deane & Woodward Published in The Dublin Builder, February 1 1861, and gifted to the city by the Earl of Carlisle. “The mural fountain, also illustrated herein – has been in Parkgate...

06 October 2015

1860 – Balance Rolling Bridge, George’s Dock, North Wall, Dublin

Architect: Turner & Gibson Illustration of a balance rolling bridge erected at George’s Dock, part of the Custom House Docks, by Turner & Gibson of the Hammersmith Iron Works. Later replaced.

07 July 2015

1858 – Design for St. Paul’s Church, Yorkville, Toronto

Architect: G.K. & E. Radford Successful entrant in architectural competition to design a new Anglican church. Designed by brothers Edward and George Kent Radford, construction began in 1858 on what was described by...

04 July 2015

1860 – Church of St. Baithen, St. Johnstown, Co. Donegal

Architect: E.W. Godwin A small severe-looking church, the interior of which has sadly been ruined by modernisation. Exterior finished in rubble stone with sandstone trimmings. Constructed between 1857-60. In 1860 “The Dublin Builder”...

Pages:1234567...13Next »