Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1860

01 November 2012

1860 – Graving Dock No.1, Alexandra Basin, Dublin

Architect: Bindon B. Stoney A construction drawing of Graving Dock No.1, which was begun about 1853 and opened on 9 February 1860. It was constructed to be 80 feet wide and 400 feet...

11 September 2012

1860 – Mansions, Queen’s Gate, Hyde Park, London

Architect: J. Tarring & Son Published in The Building News, April 13, 1860. “ABOUT two years ago there stood a row of small inferior houses at the corner of Prince Albert-road and Gore-road,...

04 September 2012

1860 – Freemason’s Hall, Great Queen Street, London

Architect: F.P. Cockerell The first English Grand Lodge was founded in 1717, and the building was replaced in 1860 by the architect Frederick Pepys Cockerell. This was inturn replaced in 1927-33 as a...

11 August 2012

1860 – Cemetary Chapel, Ashford, Kent

Architect: C.H. Edwards Published in The Building News, June 29 1860.

01 April 2012

1860 – Christ’s College, Finchley, London

Architect: Edward Roberts Christ’s College, Finchley is still a school today, on a different location from this building erected in 1860. For over 100 years CCF stood prominently in its second site in...

18 February 2012

1860 – Lisalea House, Newbliss, Co. Monaghan

A good example of a middle-sized L-plan house, with flat-roofed porch to front, and three-bay south elevation.

16 January 2012

1860 – Magourney Church, Coachford, Co. Cork

Architect: Joseph Welland Early English style with a 4-bay nave, 1-bay chancel and southern porch.

10 December 2011

1860 – The Phoenix Inn, Leeds, Yorkshire

Architect: William R. Corson Published in The Building News, February 10, 1860. “THE Phoenix Inn, Leeds (a view of which forms our illustration this week), was erected for Mr. William Sadler upon land...

10 March 2011

1860 – Church of St. Michael & All Angels, Brighton, Sussex

Architect: G.F. Bodley Plans for the church were drawn up in 1858, and construction took place between 1860 and 1861 to a design by George Frederick Bodley. Bodley was also working on St....