Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1860

25 February 2011

1860 – Drinking Fountain, St. Georges Colegate, Norwich, Norfolk

Architect: Benest & Newson Published in The Builder, December 1st 1860. “This fountain is executed in Portland Stone, except the basin, which is in veined marble, supported on an octagon pedestal, and lying...

22 February 2011

1860 – St. John’s Church, Howsham, Yorkshire

Architect: George Edmund Street Constructed 1859-60 by Street for Hannah Cholmley.

15 February 2011

1860 – Restoration of Lichfield Cathedral, Staffordshire

Architect: George Gilbert Scott Interior perspective view looking east and west showing proposed reredos, screen, throne and stalls. During the Victorian era, the ornate west front of Lichfield Cathedral was extensively renovated by...

11 February 2011

1860 – St Dionis, Backchurch, London

Architect: George Edmund Street St Dionis Backchurch was a church dedicated to the patron saint of France in Langbourn Ward one of the 25 within the City of London, first mentioned in 1538...

26 January 2011

1860 – Post Office, London, Ontario

The London Post Office wasbuilt circa 1860 and demolished in 1953. The building front, facing onto Richmond Street had double Doric columns on the first level and double Corinthian columns on the level...

28 November 2010

1860 – Aughentaine Castle, Fivemiletown, Co. Tyrone

Aughentaine Castle consisted of a two-storey main block and a lower two-storey wing, with two tall Italianate campaniles of equal height, one at each end. There was an open porch; two-light and three-light...

13 July 2010

1860 – Plaza de Toros, Valencia, Spain

Architect: Sebastián Monleón A a large, impressive structure in the style of a Roman Coliseum by Sebastián Monleón, built between 1850-1860, the bullring is 18 metres high and the ring has a diameter...

30 June 2010

1860 – Church of the Assumption, Wexford, Co. Wexford

Architect: Richard Pierce / J.J. McCarthy On of Wexford’s “twin churches”, these Neo-Gothic buildings were opened in 1858 and the twin spires are part of the unique skyline of the town. Each Church...

21 June 2010

1860 – Palais de la Bourse, Lyon, France

Architect: René Dardel Designed as a multipurpose building to house the Chamber of Commerce and the Commercial Court as well as a museum of art and industry, construction started in 1856 and the...