Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1860

05 February 2010

1860 – Molyneux Church and Asylum for Blind Females, Leeson Park, Dublin

Architect: Rawson Carroll Winning entry for an architectural competition held in late 1859. Unsuccessful entrants included William G. Murray, John McCurdy, and William Barre. Foundation stone was church laid in June 1860 with...

28 January 2010

1860 – Former Findlater’s, Howth, Co. Dublin

Findlater’s was once a chain of food and wine merchants in the Dublin area. This was built as their Howth store and later became a bar as part of a local hotel complex....

27 January 2010

1860 – St. John the Evangelist, Mounttown, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: Joseph Welland Designed as a Church of Ireland, and originally opened for public worship on 23 May 1860; consecrated 16 June 1864, it is now used by a conservative Catholic group who...

26 January 2010

1860 – Church of the Three Patrons, Rathgar, Dublin

Architect: Patrick Byrne The Church of the Three Patrons, Rathgar Road was built between 1860 and 1862 and was one of the last buildings of Patrick Byrne who built many churches in Dublin....

26 January 2010

1860 – Sandford Road Church of Ireland, Ranelagh, Dublin

Architect: Lanyon, Lynn and Lanyon The first Dublin commission of Belfast firm Lanyon, Lynn and Lanyon, this little Italian Romanesque church replaced an earlier one of 1826. In 1880, the original galleries were...

21 January 2010

1860 – Ardgillan Glasshouse, Balbriggan, Co. Dublin

Dating from around 1860, this fine and recently restored glasshouse is made of timber rather than cast iron. The glasshouses are set in the gardens of Ardgillan Castle and are open to the...

21 January 2010

1860 – Station Master’s House, Balbriggan, Co. Dublin

A fine little house sited beside the railway station and built for the Station Master. Similar to other station master’s houses on this line, notably Malahide and Skerries. Photographic Copyright 2006 Gerry Byrne

19 January 2010

1860 – Gate house, Charleville Forest, Tullamore, Co. Offaly

Detail of small gatehouse into the Charleville Forest demanse.

08 January 2010

1860 – Geraldine Hall, Maynooth, Co. Kildare

Architect: E. McAlister Geraldine Hall, designed by E. McAlister and originally built as a Church of Ireland School. It retains many important early or original features and materials, including some diamond-leaded fenestration, timber...