Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1860

08 January 2010

1860 – Geraldine Hall, Maynooth, Co. Kildare

Architect: E. McAlister Geraldine Hall, designed by E. McAlister and originally built as a Church of Ireland School. It retains many important early or original features and materials, including some diamond-leaded fenestration, timber...

07 January 2010

1860 – AXA Insurance, Drogheda, Co. Louth

Architect: William G. Murray The former Provincial Bank is built of Limestone ashlar with an elaborate façade at street-level. The ground floor façade has paired polished granite columns with lush foliage capitals. Above...

06 January 2010

1860 – Church of St Nicholas, Dundalk, Co. Louth

Architect: John Murray Small Roman Catholic church on an important site in the town but sadly lacking any sort of impressive presence. The church was originally built with an unusual tall slender steeple...

06 January 2010

1860 – de Vesci Memorial, Abbeyleix, Co. Laois

Architect: J.S. Butler A robust and rustic obelisk in the middle of the market square dedicated to the 2nd Viscount de Vesci.

31 December 2009

1860 – St. Joseph’s Church, Baltinglass, Co. Wicklow

Architect: John Bourke Designed by John Bourke around 1860, this is a fine gothic revival church with a symmetrical composition. The main entrance porch is in the projecting tower. The interior is wide...

06 November 2009

1860 – The Assembly Rooms, South Mall, Cork

Architect Richard Brash & Robert Walker ‘The Assembly Rooms’, designed by Richard Rolt Brash c. 1860, originally known as ‘Protestant Hall’ hosting well know speakers and opera companies of the time. In 1911...

06 November 2009

1860 – Central Markets, Cork

Architect: John Benson Home to the renowned English Market, the Central Markets have their primary entrance on Princes Street. the markets area network of pedestrian passageways linking various streets and alleys in the...

30 September 2009

1860 – The Finlay Asylum, Quebec City

Architect: Stent & Laver Perspective View published in The Builder, July 7th 1860.

30 September 2009

1860 – Former Great Northern Railway Station, Monaghan, Co. Monaghan

Architect: Sir John MacNeill The Railway Station possibly designed by Sir John MacNeill on a more modest scale than his masterwork at Portadown with some later adaptations by William G. Murray. A long...