Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1860

06 November 2009

1860 – Central Markets, Cork

Architect: John Benson Home to the renowned English Market, the Central Markets have their primary entrance on Princes Street. the markets area network of pedestrian passageways linking various streets and alleys in the...

30 September 2009

1860 – The Finlay Asylum, Quebec City

Architect: Stent & Laver Perspective View published in The Builder, July 7th 1860.

30 September 2009

1860 – Former Great Northern Railway Station, Monaghan, Co. Monaghan

Architect: Sir John MacNeill The Railway Station possibly designed by Sir John MacNeill on a more modest scale than his masterwork at Portadown with some later adaptations by William G. Murray. A long...

30 September 2009

1860 – Model School, Monaghan, Co. Monaghan

Architect: James H. Owen / Board of Public Works Austere Model School built by the Board of Public Works in 1860. Still in use today, the school had two separate entrances for boys...

28 September 2009

1860 – St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Armagh

Architects: Thomas Duff / J.J. McCarthy / G.C. Ashlin / Liam McCormack The second of the cathedrals of Armagh, the Roman Catholic Cathedral is sited on a hill to compete with the older...

24 September 2009

1860 – Donegall Street Congregational Church, Belfast

Architect: William Raffles Brown The original church on this site was completed in 1860, with additions in 1871 on either side by Luke Macassey. There were extensive renovations in 1898 before it was...

17 September 2009

1860 – St. Feithlim’s, Kilmore Cathedral, Co. Cavan

Architect: William Slater Work on the present cathedral began in 1858, and it was designed by the English architect William Slater. The porch was added to the Cathedral in 1869, from William Slater’s...

10 August 2009

1860 – Proposed Terrace in Harrow, London

Architect: Thomas Harris

02 August 2009

1860 – The Guildhall, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire

Architect: Peck & Stephens Selected design by Peck & Stephens, published in The Builder, January 14th 1860. The present Guildhall in Cambridge, was completed in 1939, after the designs of Charles Cowles-Voysey.