Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1863

01 April 2014

1863 – Railway Station, Stranorlar, Co. Donegal

Architect: John C. Bower The station opened on 3 September 1863 on the Finn Valley Railway line from Glenties to Stranorlar. Stranorlar became the headquarters of the successor company, the Donegal Railway Company...

31 March 2014

1863 – Former Town Hall, Mountmellick, Co. Laois

Architect: William Caldbeck Detached three-bay two-storey gable-fronted former town hall, designed by William Caldbeck and built alongside his bank constructed at the same time for the National Bank. Now in use as parish...

31 March 2014

1863 – National Bank, Mountmellick, Co. Laois

Architect: William Caldbeck Bank branch designed for the National Bank by William Caldbeck, alongside his townhall. Now a branch of the Bank of Ireland. “The new National Bank-house at Mountmellick, lately erected by...

20 March 2014

1863 – St. Mary’s Church of Ireland, Ballinrobe, Co. Mayo

Architect: Welland & Gillespie The church’s current external and internal appearance owes much to the extensive works undertaken by Welland & Gillespie for the Ecclesiastical Commissioners. It is typical of the early 19th...

06 March 2014

1863 – Ulster Bank, Waterloo Place, Derry

Architect: Thomas Jackson Fine Italianate bank building by Belfast architect Thomas Jackson. Jackson was architect to the Ulster Bank, and designed many branches but the design of the head office was given to...

02 March 2014

1863 – Ulster Bank, Longford, Co. Longford

Architect: James Bell Fine limestone facade with carved riverine keystones to the windows on the ground floor. Published in The Irish Builder, February 15 1863.

13 November 2013

1863 – Carlisle Bridge, Derry

A iron-framed double-decked bridge constructed 1859-63. Replaced in 1931.

21 August 2013

1863 – McCarthy Memorial, Mallow, Co. Cork

Architect: J.J. McCarthy From The Builder, January 30 1864: “This monument, recently erected in the parish church of Mallow, county Cork, in memory of the late Very Rev. Justin Canon McCarthy, is composed...

01 July 2013

1863 – Herne Hill Station, London

Architect: John Taylor Herne Hill station and the first section to be completed of a new line from Beckenham Junction to Victoria, and opened on 25 August 1862. The station was designed by...