Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1863

13 November 2013

1863 – Carlisle Bridge, Derry

A iron-framed double-decked bridge constructed 1859-63. Replaced in 1931.

21 August 2013

1863 – McCarthy Memorial, Mallow, Co. Cork

Architect: J.J. McCarthy From The Builder, January 30 1864: “This monument, recently erected in the parish church of Mallow, county Cork, in memory of the late Very Rev. Justin Canon McCarthy, is composed...

01 July 2013

1863 – Herne Hill Station, London

Architect: John Taylor Herne Hill station and the first section to be completed of a new line from Beckenham Junction to Victoria, and opened on 25 August 1862. The station was designed by...

03 May 2013

1863 – Church of Ireland, Rathmichael, Co. Dublin

Architect: Deane & Woodward Designed in 1860 but not constructed until 1861-62, after the death of Benjamin Woodward in 1861, so possibly mostly the work of Thomas Newenham Deane. Later extended by Welland...

01 May 2013

1863 – Jesuit Church, Galway

Architect: Samuel Ussher Roberts Cruciform gothic church adjacent to the Jesuit College. Designed by Samuel Ussher Roberts, originally the intention was to have the church and school built to designs of J.J. McCarthy....

29 April 2013

1863 – Design for Hotel de Ville, Tourcoing, Nord, France

Architect: Léon Rohard Winning entry in a competition to design a town hall for Tourcoing, held in 1863. Although they awarded the premium to Parisian architect Léon Rohard, the council decided to hold...

08 February 2013

1862 – Former Probate Registry, Cardiff Road, Llandaff, Wales

Architect: John Prichard Grade 2 listed, and now in use as commercial offices. From The Building News: “This building has a recessed porch communicating with a vestibule, to the right of which is...

26 October 2012

1863 – St. Alban’s Church, Holborn, London

Architect: William Butterfield The church of S. Alban the Martyr, Holborn was built by a leading architect of the day, William Butterfield in 1863. Sadly it was destined to last for only 78...

14 October 2012

1863 – Convent of Mercy, Templemore, Co, Tipperary

Opened in 1863, with the chapel added later by George C. Ashlin.


Skip to toolbar