Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr


14 October 2012

1863 – Convent of Mercy, Templemore, Co, Tipperary

Opened in 1863, with the chapel added later by George C. Ashlin.

30 October 2011

1863 – New Buildings in Paternoster Row, London

Paternoster Row was a street in the City of London which was devastated by aerial bombardment during the Blitz of World War II, suffering particularly heavy damage in the night raid of 29-30...

07 April 2011

1863 – Lough Eske Castle, Co. Donegal

Architect: Fitzgibbon Louch The original castle was first built around 1474. The current Lough Eske Castle was reconstructed in the 1860s by the Brooke family on the site of their medieval castle. The...

25 February 2011

1863 – All Saint’s Church, Ellington, Huntingdonshire

Published in The Building News, October 30th 1891. The church is mentioned in the Domesday Survey of 1086, but nothing earlier than the 13th Century remains and of this period only the chancel...

06 July 2010

1863 – Findlater’s Church, Parnell Square, Dublin

Architect: Andrew Heiton In the 1860s the growth of the Prebsyterian congregation and a substantial increase in rent on the Mary’s Abbey property made it desirable for the congregation to seek new premises....

25 June 2010

1864 – Clarence Hotel, Dover, Kent

Building commenced in 1864 at a cost of £750,000. It was renamed the “Imperial Hotel” in 1867 when the lease changed hands. It reached five storeys high and boasted 240 rooms. Never a...

25 June 2010

1863 – Proposed Hotel, Keswick, Cumbria

Architect: John Ross Published in The Builder, December 26 1863

25 June 2010

1863 – Parsonage, Chadlington, Oxfordshire

“This house, which has just been completed, has been built by the late Mr. J. H. Langston, M.P. for the city of Oxford, of Saraden House, near Chipping Norton. The village is a...

25 June 2010

1863 – Wallraff-Richartz Museum, Cologne, Germany

This edifice illustrated was erected at the cost of Herr Richartz, a private citizen of Cologne, Germany, to receive the works of art given to that city by Professor Wallraff. It stands in...

Skip to toolbar