Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1863

24 June 2010

1863 – Westminster Chambers, London

Architect: Banks & Barry “Among the numerous buildings of magnitude which are everywhere rising into notice in London is the structure called the Westminster Chambers, at the south-east corner of Victoria Street. We...

24 June 2010

1863 – Square Church, Halifax, Yorkshire

Architect: Joseph James “Among the many new and handsome structures erected of late years in the town of Halifax, this is one of the most conspicuous, inasmuch as it is almost the first...

24 June 2010

1863 – No.26 Grafton Street, Dublin

Architect: Sir Matthew Digby Wyatt “The experiment which Mr. Digby Wyatt has tried in the design of the premises which we have selected for our principal illustration of the current week is one...

24 June 2010

1863 – Design for Exhibition Palace & Winter Garden, Dublin

Architect: Alfred G. Jones “The committee, as our readers are aware, selected from the designs for this work submitted in competition, one by Mr. Alfred G. Jones, of Dublin. We have engraved a...

24 June 2010

1863 – Auction Rooms, Leeds, Yorkshire

Architect: George Corson “The building of which we give a view is in the course of erection for Messrs. Hepper & Sons, close to the Town Hall and near the railway station, under...

24 June 2010

1863 – National Albert Memorial, Kensington, London

Architect: George Gilbert Scott Selected design as published in The Builder, May 23 1863. When Prince Albert died on 14 December 1861, the initiative was taken by the Lord Mayor of London, William...

24 June 2010

1863 – Borough Hospital, Birkenhead, Cheshire

Architect: Walter Scott “The design is in the Italian style of architecture. The site selected is a piece of land fronting a hospital in Hamilton-street, and which has been found totally inadequate to...

24 June 2010

1863 – National Provident Institution, Gracechurch St., London

Architect: Robert Kerr “We present in this number an engraving of the new offices of this Institution, at the corner of Gracechurch Street and Eastcheap, just completed under the charge of Professor Kerr,...

24 June 2010

1863 – Warehouse, Bow Churchyard, London

Architect: Tress & Chamberlain “The warehouse that has just been erected in Bow Churchyard for Messrs. Copestake, Moore, Crampton, & Co., as an addition to their present extensive premises, was commenced in the...


Skip to toolbar