Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1864

25 March 2014

1864 – Design for Wesleyan Chapel, Athlone, Co. Westmeath

Architect: Alfred G. Jones Largely constructed as designed and still standing today. The adjoining resident was never constructed. “It is of Early English character, about 53 feet in length by 22 feet, terminating...

24 March 2014

1864 – National Provincial Bank, Corn St., Bristol, Gloucestershire

Architect: W. Bruce Gingell Early branch for the National Provincial Bank.

22 April 2013

1864 – St. Jude’s Church, Inchicore, Dublin

Architect: Welland & Gillespie Constructed between 1862 and 1864 in an Early English gothic style at a cost of £4,000. Demolished in 1988, leaving only the tower and spire. Supposedly the stonework was...

15 April 2013

1864 – Convent of Mercy Chapel, Society St., Ballinasloe, Co. Galway

Architect: James F. Kempster Gothic chapel designed by the County Surveypr for the Sisters of Mercy convent. The spire on the short tower is quite distinctive. Photograph courtesy, and copyright of Keith J....

19 March 2013

1864 – North Station, Waterford, Co. Waterford

Waterford originally had two railway stations – the North Station, where the current station is today – and the South Station, near the old Waterford Stanley plant. The station opened on 26 August...

09 March 2013

1864 – Northampton Guildhall, Northamptonshire

Architect: E.W. Godwin Built to the design of Edward William Godwin, begun when he was only 28, between 1861 and 1864. As well as housing Northampton Borough Council, it is also used for...

08 March 2013

1864 – Houses, Ardagh, Co. Longford

Architect: Rawson Carroll Ardagh is a small designed estate village, laid out around a small village green. The cottages were all largely designed by the architect James Rawson Carroll, (1830 – 1911). The...

08 November 2012

1864 – Assize Courts, Manchester, Lancashire

Architect: Alfred Waterhouse Designed by Alfred Waterhouse in the neo-Gothic style, construction began in 1859 and was completed in 1864. This was Waterhouse’s first major commission, won by open competition, and the nearby...

16 August 2012

1864 – Church of the Immaculate Conception, Ballymote, Co. Sligo

Architect: George Goldie The first church in Ireland by George Goldie with the foundartion stone laid in October 1859. Construction was delayed by a masons’ strike with the church finally opened in September...

Pages:123Next »