Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1864

16 August 2012

1864 – Church of the Immaculate Conception, Ballymote, Co. Sligo

Architect: George Goldie The first church in Ireland by George Goldie with the foundartion stone laid in October 1859. Construction was delayed by a masons’ strike with the church finally opened in September...

09 August 2012

1864 – Church of the Assumption, Our Lady’s Island, Co. Wexford

Architect: Pugin & Ashlin Fine church with tower and spire. Lovely interior with ribbed ceiling over arches on marble columns. Aisles are also ribbed. Interior largely intact. This file is licensed under the...

14 May 2012

1864 – Craig Dunain Hospital, Inverness, Scotland

Architect: James Matthews Craig Dunain Hospital was the only hospital for psychiatric illness in the Highlands, and formerly the Highland District Lunatic Asylum – Scotland’s third oldest district asylum. Closed in 1999, in...

24 February 2011

1864 – Church of St. Wilfred, York

Architect: George Goldie Designed by George Goldie, son of a prominent parishioner Dr. Goldie the church was designed in the Gothic revival, a copy of 13th-14th century style. The Church was completed in...

24 June 2010

1864 – Congregational Church, Barking, Essex

Architect: W.P. Poulton “The memorial stone of a new Congregational Church, wag laid on the 6th of last month, at Barking. Of this building we give an illustration. The geometrical character of Gothic...

15 April 2010

1864 – Archbishop’s Palace, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: George C. Izenour Built in 1864 under the guidance of Bishop Taché, the west wing of this residence stands as one of the oldest stone buildings remaining in Western Canada. Its mansard...

07 April 2010

1864 – Carmichael School of Medicine, North Brunswick Street, Dublin

Architect: J.E. Rogers Designed in 1864 as a school of medicine beside the three northside hospitals (Brunswick, Richmond and the Hardwicke, all now closed), the Carmichael building is now office accommodation. J.E. Rogers...

16 February 2010

1864 – National Gallery of Ireland, Merrion Square, Dublin

Architect: Richard Griffith, Charles Lanyon, Captain Francis Fowke, Sir Thomas Manly Deane, Benson + Forsyth The original building was an exact elevational copy of the Natural History Museum by Frederick Clarendon across Leinster...

05 February 2010

1864 – Proposed University of Ireland, Clonliffe, Dublin

Architect: J.J. McCarthy A proposal for a Roman Catholic University of Ireland in Clonliffe. First published in the Dublin Builder, 1 April 1863. Plan published in The Builder, August 20 1864.