Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1865

06 December 2013

1865 – Shane’s Castle, Randalstown, Co. Antrim

Architect: Lanyon Lynn and Lanyon In 1809 work was started to rebuild a large Plantation castle to the designs of John Nash – the main object of the plan was to give the...

16 April 2013

1865 – Burgh Hall & Academy, Dumbarton, Scotland

Architect: William Leiper & R.G. Melvin Standing today, different from as illustrated in 1868, the tower has no spire, and the large roof has dorners inserted. From The Building News, November 13 1868:...

09 April 2013

1865 – Model Schools, Anglesea Street, Cork

Architect: James H. Owen Italianate school with campanile, finished externally in red and black brick with Portland stone dressings. Used as a school until the early 1990s, and now in use as a...

31 March 2013

1865 – Union Bank of London, Princes St., London

Architect: Philip Charles Hardwick This joint stock bank was established at 8 Moorgate Street, City of London, in 1839 as Union Bank of London with a paid-up capital of £211,500. The head office...

22 March 2013

1865 – Church of St. Philip, Sydenham, London

Architect: Edwin Nash Demolished in the early 1980s to provide a new church and sheltered housing. From The Building News: “This church was erected in 1865 from the designs of Mr. Edwin Nash,...

07 March 2013

1865 – Methodist Church, Northgate St, Athlone, Co. Westmeath

Architect: Alfred G. Jones Unusual looking Methodist church with two side gateways incorporated into the main facade, surmounted by two solid pinnacles. Like many Methodist chapels of the period in the UK, it...

28 November 2012

1865 – Trinity Church and School, Coalisland, Co. Tyrone

Architect: Welland & Gillespie Church for the Ecclesiastical Commissioners, presumed by Welland & Gillespie, and consecrated in 1861. Exterior is brown basalt with sandstone trimming. The adjoining school is now demolished.

20 October 2012

1865 – Exhibition Building, Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand

Architect: William Mason The exhibition building was a twin–towered palazzo in stuccoed brick, with corner turrets and the bold quoining already exhibited in the Dunedin Public Warehouse. It had a central, covered courtyard...

01 October 2012

1865 – Baptistry of St. Francis, Notting Hill, London

Architect: John Francis Bentley The church was built in 1860 by John Bentley, later famous as the architect of Westminster Cathedral. In 1865 Bentley extended the north aisle to include the Baptistry which...