Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1865

18 February 2010

1865 – No. 39 “Lucky Coadys”, Dame Street, Dublin

Architect: William Fogerty “Lucky Coady’s” gets its name from its past as a small shop that sold Irish Sweepstakes tickets, having sold many winning tickets over the years. The shop has a fine...

05 February 2010

1865 – Dublin Exhibition

Architect: Alfred G. Jones This was the second of three major International Exhibitions held in Dublin, constructed on what later became Iveagh Gardens – a previous exhibition was held in Merrion Square (1853...

28 January 2010

1865 – Church of Ireland, Skerries, Co. Dublin

Architect: J.E. Rogers A gothic revival church commissioned by Lord Holmpatrick and sited close to the older and now ruined church and churchyard. The building has quite an austere exterior despite its off-centre...

28 January 2010

1865 – Presbyterian Manse, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: Charles Geoghegan Fine Victorian manse by Charles Geoghegan in the grounds of Andrew Heiton’s French gothic church on York Road.

27 January 2010

1865 – Mariners Church, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: Joseph Welland / Raffles Brown Originally the principal Church of Ireland in the town, the Mariners Church, now the Maritime Museum, was built in two stages – 1837 and 1865. The original...

19 January 2010

1865 – Presbyterian Church, Tullamore, Co. Offaly

A simple little stone church with classical overtones and a similarly designed porch which echoes the proportions of the main facade.

07 January 2010

1865 – Whitworth Hall, Drogheda, Co. Louth

Architect: William Barre Built by Benjamin Whitworth for the benefit of the citizens of Drogheda, this vigourous composition in Lombardo-Romanesque is a good contribution to the street-scape. It cost over 4,000 pounds at...

06 January 2010

1865 – Church of Ireland, Abbeyleix, Co. Laois

Architect: John Semple / T.H. Wyatt Originally designed by John Semple in 1825, only the western end with his trademark austerity survives. The rest is from 1865 by T.H. Wyatt. Semple’s church was...

30 December 2009

1865 – Kylemore Abbey, Co. Galway

Architect: Samuel Ussher Roberts Kylemore Abbey, the home of the Benedictine nuns, stands at the edge of the lake surrounded by woodlands. The gothic castle was built by Mitchell Henry, an English businessman...