Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1865

28 January 2010

1865 – Church of Ireland, Skerries, Co. Dublin

Architect: J.E. Rogers A gothic revival church commissioned by Lord Holmpatrick and sited close to the older and now ruined church and churchyard. The building has quite an austere exterior despite its off-centre...

28 January 2010

1865 – Presbyterian Manse, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: Charles Geoghegan Fine Victorian manse by Charles Geoghegan in the grounds of Andrew Heiton’s French gothic church on York Road.

27 January 2010

1865 – Mariners Church, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: Joseph Welland / Raffles Brown Originally the principal Church of Ireland in the town, the Mariners Church, now the Maritime Museum, was built in two stages – 1837 and 1865. The original...

19 January 2010

1865 – Presbyterian Church, Tullamore, Co. Offaly

A simple little stone church with classical overtones and a similarly designed porch which echoes the proportions of the main facade.

07 January 2010

1865 – Whitworth Hall, Drogheda, Co. Louth

Architect: William Barre Built by Benjamin Whitworth for the benefit of the citizens of Drogheda, this vigourous composition in Lombardo-Romanesque is a good contribution to the street-scape. It cost over 4,000 pounds at...

06 January 2010

1865 – Church of Ireland, Abbeyleix, Co. Laois

Architect: John Semple / T.H. Wyatt Originally designed by John Semple in 1825, only the western end with his trademark austerity survives. The rest is from 1865 by T.H. Wyatt. Semple’s church was...

30 December 2009

1865 – Kylemore Abbey, Co. Galway

Architect: Samuel Ussher Roberts Kylemore Abbey, the home of the Benedictine nuns, stands at the edge of the lake surrounded by woodlands. The gothic castle was built by Mitchell Henry, an English businessman...

06 November 2009

1865 – Thomas Crosbie Holdings, 97 South Mall, Cork

Architect: William G. Murray One of the most magnificent buildings in Cork, the Italianate plazzo built for the ‘Provincial Bank of Ireland’, was designed by W.G. Murray. A substantial and well-maintained building, it...

29 September 2009

1865 – Stableyard, Hope Castle, Castleblayney, Co. Monaghan

Fine stableyard with accomodation set around three sides of a square and decoration stone archways set into the centre of the fourth. Not the most elaborate Stableyard in County Monaghan by any means,...