Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr


14 July 2015

1866 – Design for steps, City Hall, Dublin

Architect: Thomas Turner In 1814, while the building was still the Royal Exchange, the balustrade at the front collapsed killing a number of people in a crowd gathered outside to witness the punishment...

08 July 2015

1866 – The Munster Arcade, Patrick St., Cork

Architect: William Fogerty The Munster Arcade was one of the principal department stores in Cork. Based on St. Patrick’s Street, it traded until the 1970s. On the upper floors can be seen the...

07 July 2015

1866 – Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Wicklow

Architect: William Fogerty Still in use today, it was described at the time of its completion as a ‘very neat little church’. The yellow Dublin brick is contrasted by the jambs and bands...

06 July 2015

1866 – Colonial Buildings & Galway Royal Institution, Galway

Architect: E.H. Carson “The subject of our notice is the Colonial Buildings in Galway (an engraving of which appears in our publication of this day), which have recently been completed, from designs by...

06 July 2015

1866 – House, Glenties, Co. Donegal

Architect: Timothy Hevey Never constructed on the site intended for it, opposite the old church of St. Conall on which Hevey also worked. “Our illustration with this No., is of a house to...

06 July 2015

1866 – Arnott’s Warehouse, Bridge St., Belfast

Architect: Thomas Jackson & Sons Destroyed during the 1941 Belfast Blitz along with its later extension of 1899 on the corner with High Street. Arnott & Co. rebuilt their department store after the...

29 May 2015

1866 – Ferryquay Gate, Derry, Co. Derry

Architect: Robert Collins The site of one of the four original gateways; it overlooked the ferryquay on the River Foyle. This was the gate closed by the Apprentice Boys of Derry in December...

23 March 2015

1866 – Temple of Liberty, Toomebridge, Co. Antrim

Architect: John Carey Designed and constructed by local Presbyterian minister John Carey. After being accused of plotting a murder, and disappearing for seven years, only to return newly monied, he settled in Toomebridge....

22 April 2014

1866 – Church of Ireland, Jonesborough, Co. Armagh

Architect: Lanyon, Lynn, & Lanyon Constructed to replace a church originally built in 1732 and re-built in 1772. The Lanyon, Lynn & Lanyon building opened for worship in September 1866. Due to the...

Pages:1234Next »

Skip to toolbar