Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1866

15 December 2011

1866 – S.S. Peter & Paul’s Church, Cork

Architect: E.W. Pugin Architecturally one of the finest churches in the city, the church was dedicated for worship on 29 June 1866. After an architectural competition in 1859, Pugin was awarded the commission...

10 December 2011

1866 – Exchange Buildings, Kingston upon Hull, Yorkshire

Design for new exchanges buildings for Hull.

30 November 2011

1866 – Design for St.Vincent’s Church and Presbytery, Cork

Architect: George Goldie Originally designed by its architect George Goldie as a retreat house, it was built in 1873 as a physical attachment to the west side of St Vincent’s Church. Wood engraved...

04 September 2011

1866 – Estate Workshops at Redvales, Lancashire

Architect: James Green The Earl of Derby’s Estate Workshops, at Redvales, near Bury, Lancashire.

04 September 2011

1866 – Whitehall Clubhouse, Parliament St., London

Architect:

04 April 2011

1866 – Gurteen le Poer, Gurteen, Co. Waterford

Architect: Samuel Ussher Roberts Constructed for Edmond de la Poer, whose family has held land here from Norman times. Construction commencing in 1863, and was completed in 1866, to designs by Samuel Ussher...

20 July 2010

1866 – Bignell House, Chesterton, Oxfordshire

Architect: William Wilkinson Designed by architect William Wilkinson it took six years to construct and was completed in 1866 at a cost of £5,500. Sadly, only the nursery wing, which was added to...

26 April 2010

1866 – No.14 Westmoreland Street, Dublin

Architect: William G. Murray Designed for the Scottish Equitable Insurance Company, hence presumedly the vague Scottish Baronial style of the building.

20 March 2010

1866 – 2-4 St. Marys Abbey, Dublin

Architect: Charles Geoghegan Rebuilt around 1866 for George John Alexander to designs by Charles Geoghegan. Fine brickwork surrounds cambered window openings – floats majestically above otherwise drab shopunits – more visible now since...