Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1867

08 March 2013

1867 – Ideas competition for villas, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk

Architect: J.S. Dodd From The Building News, July 5th 1867: “THE drawings which have been entered for this competition have been very properly exhibited to the public in the TownhaU at Great Yarmouth,...

15 February 2013

1867 – Designs for proposed buildings in Sefton Park, Liverpool

Architect: André & Hornblower Sefton Park is a 235 acre, Grade II* historic park in the Sefton Park district of Liverpool. In 1867 the local council purchased the land from the Earl of...

07 February 2013

1867 – Design for Honolulu Cathedral

Architect: Slater & Carpenter The original ground for the Cathedral of Saint Andrew was given by King Kamehameha IV and Queen Emma. During a trip to England in 1865, Queen Emma (then the...

13 January 2013

1867 – Old Post Office, Portland, Maine

Architect: Alfred B. Mullett A victim of redevelopment, the building site is now Post Office Park. Demolished 1965.

10 December 2012

1867 – New Public buildings at Penzance, Cornwall

Architect: John Matthews According to Polsue, Joseph. A complete parochial history of the county of Cornwall; William Lake, Truro & John Camden Hotten, London: 1867–72., “The chief attractive feature of Penzance, and the...

17 October 2012

1867 – Courtown House, Gorey, Co. Wexford

Architect: William Burn Courtown House, near Gorey, was the seat of the Earls of Courtown. It was significantly altered and enlarged during the 19th century, including work by William Burn. The front consisted...

04 September 2012

1867 – City Terminus Hotel, Cannon St., London

Architect: Edward Middleton Barry Cannon Street Station opened in 1866. In 1867 an Italianate style hotel and forecourt designed by E.M. Barry was added. This provided much of the station’s passenger facilities as...

31 March 2012

1867 – Proposed Schools & Almshouses, Walworth, London

Architect: James Cubitt From The Building News: “THESE buildings, of which we give an illustration elsewhere, are about to be erected near the Elephant and Castle Railway Station, for the congregation of the...

13 February 2012

1867 – Gilbey’s, Nos. 46-49 O’Connell St., Dublin

Architect: William G. Murray Demolished in 1972, this fine Victorian facade was the head offices of Gilbey’s. Originally a pair of older house, it was extensively remodelled in the 1860s by William G....