Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1867

15 February 2011

1867 – Waterhouse’s Design for Royal Courts of Justice, London

Architect: Alfred Waterhouse When the public exhibition of designs submitted to the designated competition of the Royal Courts of Justice opened in February 1867, the interest of most observers must have been in...

11 February 2011

1867 – Design for National Gallery, Trafalgar Sq., London

Architect: Edward Middleton Barry In 1867 Edward Middleton Barry proposed to replace the National Gallery building by William Wilkins with a massive classical building with four domes. The scheme was a failure and...

10 February 2011

1867 – William Burges’ Design for Royal Courts of Justice, London

Architect: William Burges View from The Strand published in The Building News, May 3rd 1867.

10 February 2011

1865 – Design for Royal Courts of Justice, London by Raphael Brandon

Architect: Raphael Brandon View from The Strand published in The Building News, May 15th 1867. Unsuccessful design for new Royal Courts of Justice.

15 January 2011

1867 – Theatre Royal, Cork

Architect: Sir John Benson The Theatre Royal was founded by the actor Spranger Barry and was opened in 1760. It was modelled on the Crow Street Theatre in Dublin where Barry had previously...

15 September 2010

1867 – Church of St. Saviour, Eastbourne, Sussex

Architect: George Edmund Street By the middle of the nineteenth century, Eastbourne was a growing town noted for its healthy climate. The railway had arrived in 1849 and an increasing number of people...

13 April 2010

1867 – Nealons, Capel Street, Dublin

Architect: Charles Geoghegan Fine Victorian exterior built by Charles Geoghegan as a public house in the late 19th century. The polychromatic brickwork is delightfully frivolous over the sturdy streetlevel facade.

15 March 2010

1867 – Offices & Shops, Lord St., Liverpool

Architect: H.H. Vale Published in The Building News, September 27 1867.

16 February 2010

1867 – National Irish Bank, College Green, Dublin

Architect: William G. Murray & Sir Thomas Drew Originally this Bank opened as the Union Bank in 1867 with only four bays on College Green and two on Church Lane. it was designed...