Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1867

16 February 2010

1867 – Former Bank, College Street, Dublin

Architect: William G. Murray Now part of the Westin Hotel, designed in 1863 as the Headquarters of the Provincial Bank and built over the next few years. The architect William G. Murray died...

05 February 2010

1867 – Zoological Society House, Phoenix Park, Dublin

Architect: John McCurdy Solid large house with many round headed windows on the first floor. Much overlooked by visitors to the Zoo.

07 January 2010

1867 – St. Peter’s Glebe House, Drogheda, Co. Louth

Sited within the grounds of St Peter’s, this Glebe house is of two periods. To the rear is a three storey building with a pediment dated 1759. The part of the house shown,...

06 January 2010

1867 – Dominican Church and Friary, Dundalk, Co. Louth

Architect: John Murray Both the church and the priory were designed by local architect John Murray. Originally the church was intended to have a tall spire to dominate the composition but it was...

31 December 2009

1867 – St. Mary’s Church, Cushinstown, Co. Wexford

Cushinstown is one of the largest parishes in County Wexford, Ireland. There are 3 churches in the parish: Rathgarogue, Cushinstown and Terrerath. The parish has a population of approximately 2500. There are a...

13 November 2009

1845 – St. John’s Church, Waterford

Architect: John B. Keane A well designed and maintained Gothic Revival church, the exterior of the church has high quality local stone masonry, particularly to the carved stone detailing which retains its detail....

13 November 2009

1867 – Ferrybank Catholic Church, Co. Waterford

Architect: Pugin & Ashlin / Ashlin & Coleman Built in two phases, this church was started by Pugin & Ashlin in 1867. They added a tower and spire to the front of a...

12 November 2009

1867 – St. Mary’s Church, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary

Architect:John B. Keane, John Bourke, G.C. Ashlin, George Goldie Designed by John B. Keane, St. Mary’s took over twenty years to complete and Keane died during construction. The church was then completed by...

29 September 2009

1867 – St. Joseph’s Church, Carrickmacross, Co. Monaghan

Architect: J.J. Mc Carthy An excellent example of the Gothic revival by J.J. McCarthy, known as the “Irish Pugin”, and who designed many churches across Ireland. Of particular significance in the church are...