Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1868

21 November 2014

1868 – St. Patrick’s Church of Ireland, Jordanstown, Co. Antrim

Architect: W.H. Lynn Small Church of Ireland build to accommodate 250 people. The exterior of white sandstone with red brick dressings; while the interior of red and black brick with sandstone dressings. The...

15 April 2014

1868 – Violet Hill, Bray, Co. Wicklow

Architect: William Fogerty A medium sized country house, originally finished in brick, and now rendered and painted. The stables and part of the house have been converted into apartments. For a time in...

04 April 2014

1869 – St Moling & St Carthage Church, Brosna, Co. Kerry

Architect: George C. Ashlin Revised design for catholic church in Brosna -the initial design had a tower and spire, but due to costs, a simple belfry on the west facade was decided upon....

13 March 2014

1868 – Prince Albert Statue, Leinster House, Dublin

Architect: John Henry Foley Statue commemorating the Prince Consort, Prince Albert, husband of Queen Victoria, on the site of the Irish Exhibition of 1853. Albert was an enthusiastic backer of these exhibitions to...

11 March 2014

1868 – St. Paul’s Church of Ireland, Glenageary, Co. Dublin

Architect: Alfred G. Jones The cost of this church was provided out of a bequest by a Miss Jane Shannon, a wealthy lady of Belfast, left to build a number of churches in...

04 March 2014

1868 – Imperial Hotel, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Charles A. Sherry Constructed for William Jury, proprietor of Jury’s and Shelbourne hotels, Dublin, and Imperial Hotel, Cork. “Just completed by Mr W.B. McMaster, from plans by, and under the direction of,...

01 March 2014

1868 – St Matthias Church of Ireland, Loup, Co. Derry

Architect: Welland & Gillespie The ecclesiastical district of Ballyeglish began in 1866, on land donated by the Salters Company. The building was constructed from white limestone from the nearby Drapers Company estate, relieved...

08 May 2013

1868 – St Mary’s Church of Ireland, Crumlin Rd., Belfast

Architect: Slater & Carpenter St Mary’s Church of Ireland was completed in 1868 to a design by the London architect William Slater. Estimated cost £2,400 but eventual cost £6,500. The church was badly...

16 April 2013

1868 – Design for new Townhall, Aberdeen

Architect: Peddie & Kinnear From The Building News, March 27, 1868: “WE give this week an illustration of the new townhall about to be erected in Aberdeen, at a cost, including the site,...