Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1868

11 March 2013

1868 – North British & Mercantile Insurance Co, College Green, Dublin

Architect: David Bryce The last of three buildings by Scottish architect David Bryce in Dublin, and the only one lost to the city – pictured behind left of the Statue of William of...

09 March 2013

1868 – Middle Class College, Bedford, Bedfordshire

Architect: Frederick Peck From The Building News: “THIS building is now being erected at Bedford. The college is arranged to accomodate 300 boys. It is a red brick building, with (stone dressings to...

06 March 2013

1868 – Schools, Stogursey, Somerset

Architect: John Norton Still in use today as a Church of England Primary School. From The Building News, February 21 1868: “THESE handsome schools have been recently erected at Stogursey, or Stoke-courcy, in...

03 March 2013

1868 – Cemetary Chapels, Biggleswade, Bedfordshire

Architect: Ladds & Hooker THE designs for these chapels are by Messrs. J. Ladds and J.M. Hooker, and were selected in open competition from about twenty other sets sent in. The chapels, lodge,...

28 February 2013

1868 – Elm Ridge, Darlington, Durham

Architect: G.G. Hoskins A private home until it became a Methodist church in the 1930s, which it still is to this day. From The Building News, January 8 1869: “ELM KIDGE, intended as...

25 February 2013

1868 – St. Luke`s Church, Millwall, London

Architect: E.L. Blackburne St Luke’s Church, Miilwall (in the Isle of Dogs) was bombed out during the Second World War. Since then the community has carried on with a make-shift chapel, tacked on...

25 February 2013

1868 – Model Housing, Fulham, London

Architect: John D. Sedding Design for a block of model dwellings at Fulham. Published in The Building News, August 14 1868.

16 February 2013

1868 – St. George’s Church, Croydon, Surrey

Architect: John Thomas Barker From The Building News: “THIS church is being built for the English Presbyterian body from designs by Mr. John Thomas Barker, architect, Croydon. It consists of nave and transepts,...

12 February 2013

1868 – Warehousemen and Clerks’ Orphan Schools, Manchester

Architect: Ernest Bates Formed as The Manchester Warehousemen and Clerks’ Orphan Schools in 1855, moved to this site in 1869, and now known as Cheadle Hulme School. From The Building News: “ONE of...