Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1868

31 January 2013

1868 – Congregational Chapel and Schools, Twickenham, London

Architect: M.P. Manning From The Building News: “Facing the green in the pleasant hamlet of Twickenham stands the Congregational chapel and schools which have lately being remodelled and extended. One of our engravings...

31 January 2013

1868 – Mechanic’s Institute, Leeds, Yorkshire

Architect: Cuthbert Brodrick Constructed as a lecture hall, and location for study, the Institute was later used as a concert hall, and has now been converted for use as Leeds Museum. The main...

24 January 2013

1868 – House at Sevenoaks, Kent

Architect: John Johnson From The Building News: “THIS house, of which we give perspective and plans, has been erected, under the superintendence of Mr. John Johnson, architect, Moor- gate-street, City, by Mr. D....

29 October 2012

1871 – Former Great North Western Hotel, Lime Street, Liverpool

Architect: Alfred Waterhouse The hotel was built in in 1871 as a railway hotel by the London and North Western Railway to serve Lime Street Station, and contained 330 rooms. The hotel closed...

09 October 2012

1868 – Interior Court, India Office, London

Architect: Sir Matthew Digby Wyatt Matthew Digby Wyatt was am Anglo-Irish architect (brother of Thomas Henry Wyatt) and art historian who became Secretary of the Great Exhibition. He was appointed to the post...

22 September 2012

1868 – The Mining Institute & Wood Memorial Hall, Newcastle upon Tyne

Architect: Archibald Matthias Dunn Now known as Neville Hall, a Grade II* listed building and home of the North of England Mining Institute. It was designed and built at the height of the...

04 September 2012

1868 – St. Michael’s Orphanage for Girls, Bletchingley, Sussex

Architect: Edward Welby Pugin Constructed through the generosity of the Dowager Duchess of Leeds between 1865-68; the location was originally known as Bletchingley Farm, and intended for 120 girls. It later became St...

04 September 2012

1868 – British and Foreign Bible Society’s House, New Earl Street, Blackfriars, London

Architect: Edward L’Anson Constructed in 1868, the design was first published in 1866. Bible House was the home to the British and Foreign Bible Society until the mid 1960s.

03 July 2012

1871 – St. Thomas Hospital, London

Architect: Henry Currey Constructed on a plot of land largely reclaimed from the river during construction of the Albert Embankment in the late 1860s, the hospital buildingswere designed by Henry Currey and the...