Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1868

31 March 2012

1868 – New University Club, St. James, London

Architect: Alfred Waterhouse Former club premises, now demolished.

16 March 2012

1868 – Convent of St. Margaret, East Grinstead, Sussex

Architect: George Edmund Street The Sisters of St Margaret, an order of women in the Anglican Church, were founded in 1855 by Dr John Mason Neale at Rotherfield, England. As their numbers increased,...

16 March 2012

1868 – Residence at Bagshot, Surrey

From The Building News: “ON another page will be found an illustration of a residence recently erected on the estate of Sir George P. Lee, Knight, near Bagshot, Surrey. It has been the...

13 March 2012

1868 – House at Manea, Cambridgeshire

Architect: Arthur Winder House design for Michael Sears Esq., and south-eastern view published in The Building News, December 24 1868.

09 January 2012

1868 – Old Library, Queen’s University Belfast

Architect: Lanyon, Lynn and Lanyon Illustration showing the interior of the Old Library as originally designed by W.H. Lynn. The building was described by the English poet Philip Larkin (who was sub-librarian at...

09 December 2011

1868 – Methodist College, Belfast

Architect: William Fogerty Selected design from an architectural competition to design a school for the advancement of Methodism. Originally it provided for a new school for 200 pupils with additional collegiate department providing...

06 December 2011

1868 – Magdalen Asylum Chapel, Leeson St., Dublin

Architect: Rawson Carroll Later facade and tower added to earlier chapel for the Magdalen Asylum at the foot of Leeson Street. The slate spire with cast-iron applied decoration was a local landmark until...

30 October 2011

1868 – Corner of Fenchurch & Lombard St, London

Fine italianate office building, still existing although with some rather ugly additions to the its roofline.

30 October 2011

1868 – Nos. 7-16, Grosvenor Place, London

Impressive range of buildings design and constructed as a large set-piece.