Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr


29 July 2015

1869 – St. Malachy’s Diocesan Seminary, Belfast

Architect: John O’Neill Constructed on the former Vicinage Park, just north of Belfast city centre. Constructed both as a school and a diocesan seminary, a model followed by many dioceses across Ireland. St....

28 July 2015

1869 – High Altar, Lattin, Co. Tipperary

Architect: Earley & Powells “The altar and reredos, illustrated in our present number, are made in Caen stone, Irish and Italian marbles. The altar-table is one slab of Sicilian marble, supported by Galway...

15 July 2014

1869 – St. Joseph’s Church, Glenealy, Co. Wicklow

Architect: Pugin & Ashlin This was the final commission of the Pugin & Ashlin partnership; finished by Ashlin alone, and built on land given by Mr Tighe of Rossanagh. The west front is...

07 May 2014

1869 – O’Connell Memorial, Glasnevin, Dublin

Architect: George Petrie / Earley & Powells Round tower to commemorate Daniel O’Connell with richly decorated crypt underneath containing a tome by Earley & Powells. The building of the tower to commemorate O’Connell’s...

29 March 2014

1869 – Granary, Bristol, Gloucestershire

Architect: Ponton & Gough The Granary was built in 1869 for Wait, James and Co. As large amounts of grain were spread out to dry in this building, so it had to be...

07 February 2014

1869 – Royal Insurance, Dame St., Dublin

Architect: William G. Murray Italianate palazzo by William G. Murray on the corner of Dame and Fownes Streets. Finished in Portland stone, the building was elaborately carved. Demolished when the area was cleared...

19 August 2013

1869 – Orange Hall, Omagh, Co. Tyrone

Architect: Louch & Wilmot Designed by architect Fitzgibbon Louch, of Derry. Louch had previously been based in Dublin, and later Belfast, before emigrating to Katikati, New Zealand in 1875. His most famous Irish...

12 June 2013

1869 – St Mark’s Church of Ireland, Borris-in-Ossory, Co. Laois

Architect: Welland & Gillespie Simple rectangular church with unusual round tower to the south. Photograph courtesy, and copyright of Keith J. Allen.

17 May 2013

1869 – Milner Field, Yorkshire

Architect: Thomas Harris Milner Field was a large mansion set within its own parkland, one mile to the north west of the mill and model village of Saltaire. It was commissioned by Titus...