Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1869

26 March 2012

1869 – Semidetached Cottages, Lower Tooting, London

Architect: Owen W. Davis From The Building News, February 26 1869: “One of our lithographs represents a perspective view, with plans and sections, of two semi-detached cottages, situated within a few minutes’ walk...

26 January 2012

1869 – Hellmuth Ladies’ College, London, Ontario

Founded in 1869 by the Rt. Rev. Isaac Hellmuth, second Bishop of the Diocese of Huron, and opened on September 23 of that year by H.R.H. Prince Arthur, the Duke of Connaught. Overlooking...

27 May 2011

1869 – St. Barnabas’ Church, Upper Sheriff St., Dublin

Architect: Alfred G. Jones Designed in a Perpendicular Gothic style, as part of a bequest as a Mariner’s Church costing 4,000 pounds. Demolished in 1969.

11 February 2011

1869 – Junior Carlton Club House, 30 Pall Mall, London

Architect: David Brandon The Junior Carlton Club was a London gentlemen’s club, now dissolved, which was established in 1866 and was disbanded in 1977. Anticipating the forthcoming Second Reform Act under Benjamin Disraeli,...

17 August 2010

1869 – Belvedere Castle, Central Park, New York

Architect: Jacob Wrey Mould Belvedere Castle was built in 1869, using stone from excavations elsewhere in the park, dressed with gray granite. The castle provided a feature “” a folly “” that capped...

27 July 2010

1869 – Kimcote Church, Leicestershire

Architect: William Smith Restored 1869. Published in The Building News, January 21st 1870.

21 July 2010

1869 – St. John the Evangelist Church, Hailey, Oxfordshire

Architect: Clapton C. Rolfe Designed by the young architect Clapton Crabb Rolfe, whose father Rev. George Crabb Rolfe was the Vicar. The Oxford Diocesan Architect George Edmund Street condemned Rolfe’s first designs as...

15 July 2010

1869 – The Lodge, Upper Tooting, London

Architect: W.H. Lockwood View published in The Building News, December 31st 1869.

13 July 2010

1869 – Royal Denmark Theatre & Winter Garden, Leicester Sq., London

Architect: E.C. Robins Never constructed. Originally the site of Saville House, formerly Aylesbury House of 1684, which was used for various exhibitions and entertainments from the first years of the nineteenth century. When...