Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1870

27 July 2010

1870 – Cottage Hospital, Lytham, Lancashire

Architect: Henry Littler Front Elevation & Plan with key published in The Building News, October 21st 1870. “THE hospital, an illustration of which we give, is being built by Colonel Clifton, the lord...

27 July 2010

1870 – Working Men’s Institute, Monmouth, Wales

Architect: Benjamin Lawrence Perspective View & Plans published in The Building News, December 4th 1870. “THIS building was opened on Thursday, the 15th of October. It has been built by a charitable lady,...

27 July 2010

1870 – Stables & Farm Buildings, Egham, Surrey

Architect: Rawlinson Parkinson Perspective & birds eye views including plans, for R.J. Ashton esq. at Bishop Gate House and published in The Building News, April 1st 1870.

27 July 2010

1870 – Cottage Buildings, Walton Manor, Oxfordshire

Architect: Clapton C. Rolfe Elevations & Plans published in The Building News, February 4th 1870. “These cottages are being built on land belonging to S. John’s College, Oxford, let on lease for a...

27 July 2010

1870 – Cottages at Steeple Aston & Launton, Oxfordshire

Architect: William Wilkinson Perspective views published in The Building News, May 13th.1870

22 July 2010

1870 – Proposed Bridge over River Aire, Leeds, Yorkshire

Architects: W. Langton Coke & George F. Roper Published in The Building News, February 25th 1870.

22 July 2010

1870 – St. Paul’s School, Stratford, Essex

Architect: Henry Ough “These schools are erected in the parish of St. Paul, Stratford, of which the Rev. G. P. Keosh is vicar. The parish contains upwards of 10 000 inhabitants, principally of...

20 July 2010

1870 – Proposed Infirmary, Wigan, Lancashire

Architect: Thomas Worthington Image published in The Building News, March 4th 1870. “WE this week publish a plan and view of a design by Mr. Thomas Worthington, of Manchester, for the new infirmary...

20 July 2010

1870 – St. Andrew’s Church at Toddington Park, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire

Architect: George Edmund Street St. Andrews, the 3rd church to stand on this site in Toddington, was designed by George Edmund Street who had been commissioned by the 3rd Lord Sudeley. Work started...