Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1871

04 April 2014

1871 – Church of the Sacred Heart, Kilmoyley, Co. Kerry

Architect: George C. Ashlin Design published in 1868, but the foundation stone was not laid until 1871, with dedication in 1873. “Our principal illustration with this No. is a view of the Catholic...

25 March 2014

1871 – Design for Church of Ireland, Caherconlish, Co. Limerick

Architect: E.H. Carson Not constructed as illustrated – the church as built was a single-cell structure with porch and vestry – both of which have decorative doorways. Instead of a tower, a simple...

13 March 2014

1871 – Kerr & Sons, Nos. 114-115 Capel Street, Dublin

Architect: John McCurdy Fine Victorian warehouse in brick with stucco decoration. In use today as a antiques gallery. “The structure externally presents a good block of building artistically rendered, and adds a new...

04 March 2014

1871 – English & Scottish Law Life Assurance Co., No.41 O’Connell Street, Dublin

Architect: William Stirling Described in The Building News, “the style adopted is Italian”. Destroyed in the 1916 Easter Rising. Illustration published in The Irish Builder, February 15 1871.

09 February 2014

1871 – Proposed Drinking Fountain, Smithfield, London

Architect: Francis Butler Published in The Architect, June 10 1871.

11 September 2013

1871 – Carved Stone Pilasters, Belfast

Designs for carved stone pilasters, Baelfast, as published in The Builder, February 18 1871.

13 May 2013

1871 – Town Hall, Rochdale, Lancashire

Architect: W.H. Crossland / Alfred Waterhouse Built in the Gothic Revival style at a cost of £160,000, and was inaugurated 27 September 1871. The architect, William Henry Crossland, was the winner of a...

26 March 2013

1871 – West London Synagogue, Upper Berkeley St., London

Architect: Davis & Emanuel The main sanctuary is built in the Byzantine architectural style. The premises also contain offices, a library and various community facilities. From The Building News, April 7, 1871: “JUST...

23 March 2013

1871 – Preen Manor House, Church Preen, Shropshire

Architect: Richard Norman Shaw North east view published in The Building News, August 11th 1871. A site of a Cluniac monastery -he monastic buildings were demolished in 1850 to make way for a...