Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr


09 February 2014

1871 – Proposed Drinking Fountain, Smithfield, London

Architect: Francis Butler Published in The Architect, June 10 1871.

11 September 2013

1871 – Carved Stone Pilasters, Belfast

Designs for carved stone pilasters, Baelfast, as published in The Builder, February 18 1871.

13 May 2013

1871 – Town Hall, Rochdale, Lancashire

Architect: W.H. Crossland / Alfred Waterhouse Built in the Gothic Revival style at a cost of £160,000, and was inaugurated 27 September 1871. The architect, William Henry Crossland, was the winner of a...

26 March 2013

1871 – West London Synagogue, Upper Berkeley St., London

Architect: Davis & Emanuel The main sanctuary is built in the Byzantine architectural style. The premises also contain offices, a library and various community facilities. From The Building News, April 7, 1871: “JUST...

23 March 2013

1871 – Preen Manor House, Church Preen, Shropshire

Architect: Richard Norman Shaw North east view published in The Building News, August 11th 1871. A site of a Cluniac monastery -he monastic buildings were demolished in 1850 to make way for a...

21 March 2013

1871 – Streatham Hill Congregational Church, London

Architect: E.C. Robins From The Buildings News, March 10 1871: “This church, a view of which is given in our illustrations this week, is in course of erection from the designs of Mr....

16 March 2013

1872 – Seacox Heath, Ticehurst, Sussex

Architect: Slater & Carpenter Built in 1871. Architects Carpenter and Slater. Tall mansion in the style of a French chateau. Three storeys and attic. Seven windows. Ashlar. Slate roof with three steep French...

15 March 2013

1871 – Design for National Gallery, Trafalgar Sq., London

Architect: Sir Austen Henry Layard & Gilbert R. Redgrave Design for new National Gallery in conjunction with the architect Gilbert Redgrave – elevation to Trafalgar Square, published in The Building News, July 21...

06 March 2013

1871 – Selected Design for Bristol Assize Courts

Architect: Popes & Bindon The assize courts were attached to the rear of the Guildhall between 1867-70, by TS Pope and J Bindon. Constructed after a contentious architectural competition, it is a Grade...