Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1871

28 February 2012

1871 – Southsea Baths & Assembly Rooms, Hampshire

Architect: Davis & Emanuel Published in The Building News, October 6 1871.

14 January 2012

1871 – Church of the Annunciation, Chislehurst, Kent

Architect: James Brooks A lofty building with beautiful stained glass and wall paintings designed to uplift and inspire the worshipper. The church of the Annunciation was funded by the people of Chislehurst, designed...

11 January 2012

1871 – Farm Homestead at Lawford Hall, Essex

Architect: W. Lewis Baker “These buildings were erected in the year 1871, for. M. Nichols, Esq., of Lawford Hall near Manningtree. The buildings and the two open yards shown on the plan attached...

01 December 2011

1871 – St. Patrick’s Church, Dungannon, Co. Tyrone

Architect: J.J. McCarthy Originally published in the journal The Builder, 4 March 1871. Illustration of building as planned by McCarthy.

09 October 2011

1871 – Sir William Powell Alms Houses, Fulham, London

Architect: J.P. Seddon Design for new almshouses to be erected in Fulham, and published in The Building News, May 12th 1871. “THE illustration which, according to a recent promise, we give this week...

03 October 2011

1871 – Proposed East End, Little Gaddesden Church, Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire

Architect: E.W. Godwin Proposed decorative scheme for the east end of Little Gaddesden Church. Published in The Building News, July 7th 1871.

08 March 2011

1871 – Terrace, Aberystwyth, Wales

Architect: J.P. Seddon Published in The Building News, March 17 1871.

15 February 2011

1871 – The Red House, No.3 Bayswater Hill, London

Architect: J.J. Stevenson Part of Bayswater Hill was taken for the Red House of 1871, designed by J.J. Stevenson as a precursor of the ‘Queen Anne’ style, soon to be popular. Front elevation...

14 February 2011

1871 – Premiated Design for Assize Courts, Bristol, Gloucestershire

Architect: Godwin & Crisp Front Elevation published in The Building News, June 9th 1871. An interesting background into this design was published in The Architect, May 8, 1869: “we have Messrs. Godwin &...