Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1872

25 August 2015

1872 – Ardara House, Comber, Co. Down

A large two-storey house built in 1872 for Thomas Andrews (father of the other Thomas Andrews, designer of the Titanic) in a Italianate style with a projecting eaves cornice and a hipped slate...

09 March 2015

1872 – Town Hall, Portrush, Co. Antrim

Architect: Lanyon, Lynn and Lanyon Scots Baronial in style with turret and stepped gables, but finished in red and black brick. The bowed end successfully negotiates the awkward corner at the junction of...

19 February 2015

1872 – Railway Station, Lismore, Co. Waterford

Lismore was first served by rail when the independent Fermoy & Lismore Railway connected the town with that of the already existing Great Southern & Western line from Mallow to Fermoy in September...

10 July 2014

1872 – Mercado Central, Santiago, Chile

Architect: Charles H. Driver & Edward Woods In the 1870s Driver designed this impressive market building which was constructed in Britain and shipped to Santiago, one of the major prefabricated buildings of the...

12 March 2014

1872 – Nos.12-13 Lower O’Connell Street, Dublin

Architect: Sir Thomas Newenham Deane Shops & dwellings, for J.G. Mooney. Constructed in Dalkey granite & Portland stone, it was converted into a branch of the Hibernian Bank in 1878, and destroyed in...

10 January 2014

1872 – McGarel Buildings, Larne, Co. Antrim

Architect: Samuel Patrick Close Ten Victorian Gothic almshouses, for Charles McGarel. McGarel was a slave-owner and sugar trader in the early 19th century. He was also responsible for building the Town Hall in...

02 December 2013

1872 – Unbuilt Interior Design for Church of St. Aloysius, Oxford

Architect: Joseph Hansom & Son From The Building News: “In catering for our friends in this Christmas Number, we have obtained permission from Messrs. Hanson and Son to present the interior perspective of...

09 July 2013

1872 – Holy Trinity Church, Westport, Co. Mayo

Architect: Thomas Newenham Deane Fine Church of Ireland on site provided by 3rd Marquess of Sligo who also provided £1200 towards cost of erection, replacing church of 1797 on different site. Completed and...

13 May 2013

1872 – St. Walburge’s Church, Preston, Lancashire

Architect: S.J. Nicholl From The Building News, November 1 1872: “THE church of S. Walburge, Preston, Lancashire, was, as originally designed, a parallelogram, with an open timber roof in one span of 55ft.,...


Skip to toolbar