Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1872

28 September 2011

1872 – Brookfield National Schools, Highgate Rise, London

Architect: John P. Seddon Front Elevation, Ground Plan with Key published in The Building News, July 26th 1872.

12 September 2011

1872 – Premiated Design, Wood Green Church, Walsall, Staffordshire

Architect: E.F.C. Clarke Published in The Building News, April 5th 1872: “WE give this week illustrations of a church about to be erected on a commanding site on the high road between Wednesbury...

26 February 2011

1872 – Design for St. Mary of the Angels, Church Street, Dublin

Architect: J.J. McCarthy The original design for St. Mary of the Angels, Church Street as published in 1871. Construction was not completed until 1881 and to a different design. Money originally intended for...

02 February 2011

1872 – Church of St. Bridget, Wavertree, Liverpool

Architect: E.A. Heffer Elevation, section & plans from The Building News, December 8th 1876. The foundation stone was laid on 21 September 1868 and the church was consecrated in 1872. It was originally...

03 May 2010

1872 – St. Kevin’s Church, Harrington Street, Dublin

Architect: George C. Ashlin St. Kevin’s Church opened in Harrington St., Dublin, in 1872 to serve the Roman Catholic parish of St. Kevin, which had been split from St. Catherine’s in 1855. There...

05 February 2010

1872 – Constable’s Lodge, Phoenix Park, Dublin

Architect: E.T. Owen

28 January 2010

1872 – Methodist Church, Skerries, Co. Dublin

Simple little church with gothic detailing. The main fa├žade has a simple arched doorway with a small rose window. The side onto the small laneway has paired single light arched windows.

20 January 2010

1872 – Former Rectory, Clyde Road, Dublin

Architect: J.E. Rogers The former rectory by J.E. Rogers, and the parish hall of 1880 by Sir Thomas Newenham Deane were sold off some years ago. They are now maintained by the Knights...

13 November 2009

1872 – Granary / Museum Of Treasures, Waterford

Old granary building converted into a local museum. A new annex has been constructed (1998) to act as entrance-way and reception for the building, which is a substantial structure of six floors and...