Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1873

01 March 2012

1873 – St. Colmans Church, Dromore, Co. Down

Architect: Timothy Hevey Designed by architect Timothy Hevey of Belfast in an early English Gothic. Built in black stone, with freestone dressings, the walls are supported with courses and buttresses. The church consists...

26 January 2012

1873 – Post Office, Adelaide St., Toronto

Architect: Henry Langley Designed by Henry Langley, the architect reponsible for a large collection of city churches, and built between 1869 and 1873, The GPO stood at 36 Adelaide Street West, the head...

26 January 2012

1873 – The Custom House, London, Ontario

Architect: William Robinson Designed by the architect William Robinson in a restrained Second Empire style. The building which opened in 1873 was demolished in the early 1970s. S

30 March 2011

1876 – St Brendan’s Church, Kirk Braddan, Isle of Man

Architect: John L. Pearson Designed by John Loughborough Pearson in the Early English style, it is built in local pale-red clay brick, with windows, pillars in York stone, and faced outside in local...

25 February 2011

1873 – Design for Edinburgh Cathedral

Architect: George Edmund Street Perspective view of unsuccessful design for Edinburgh Cathedral – the commission was won by George Gilbert Scott. Published in The Architect, January 11th 1873.

24 February 2011

1873 – Design for Parliament, Berlin, Germany

Architect: Robert Kerr Published in The Architect, May 31st 1873. Unsuccessful competition entry.

24 February 2011

1873 – Church of St. Aloysius, Oxford

Architect: Joseph Hansom & Son Interior perspective view published in The Architect, June 14th 1873.

24 February 2011

1864 – Church of St. Wilfred, York

Architect: George Goldie Designed by George Goldie, son of a prominent parishioner Dr. Goldie the church was designed in the Gothic revival, a copy of 13th-14th century style. The Church was completed in...

18 February 2011

1873 – Bolton Town Hall, Lancashire

Architects: Hill & Woodhouse A Grade II* listed Town Hall designed by William Hill and George Woodhouse and opened in June 1873 by Albert Edward, Prince of Wales. In the 1930s, the building...