Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1873

07 July 2009

1883 – Royal Courts of Justice, The Strand, London

Architect: George Edmund Street Selected after an invited competition pitted the star-architects of the day against each other for this important comission. Invited were: Henry R. Abraham, Edward Middleton Barry, Raphael Brandon, William...

03 July 2009

1873 – Down Hall, Harlow, Essex

Architect: F.P. Cockerell Now a country house hotel. Perspective view including ground plan, published in The Building News, July 4th 1873. “This mansion, the seat of Sir H. Selwin Ibbetson, Bart, MP, occupies...

29 June 2009

1873 – St. Bartholomews Church, Sydenham, Kent

Architect: Lewis Vulliamy / Edwin Nash Published in The Building News, December 19 1873: “We give an interior view of this edifice. The short history of the church is peculiar; it was erected...

29 June 2009

1873 – Bungalow, Birchington On Sea, Kent

Architect: John Taylor From The Building News, August 15 1873: “It is very difficult in these days to hit upon a new and successful idea. Mr. John Taylor, of 6, Whitehall, has, however,...

29 June 2009

1873 – Free Library & Museum, Blackburn, Lancashire

Architect: Woodzell & Collcutt Selected design after an architectural competition. Published in The Building News, January 3rd 1873.

29 June 2009

1872 – The Towers, Didsbury, Lancashire

Architect: Thomas Worthington Designed for John Edward Taylor, owner of the Manchester Guardian, but sold in 1874 to the engineer, Daniel Adamson. Built in a form of Germanic Gothic, with lavish materials including...

29 June 2009

1873 – Municipal Buildings, Leicester, Leicestershire

Architect: Francis J. Hames “We are enabled to give in our impression to- day illustrations of the selected design for the municipal buildings, Leicester. The competitions for this work have been somewhat remarkable....

29 June 2009

1873 – Municipal Buildings, Leicester, Leicestershire

Architect: Frederick Roper Perspective view including plans as published in The Building News, October 10th 1873. “The design of which we this week give a ground-plan and perspective view, is one of tho...

26 June 2009

1873 – Cathedral of Our Lady & St Philip Howard, Arundel, Sussex

Architect: Joseph Hansom & Son The Cathedral, originally known as the Church of St. Philip Neal, was commissioned by Henry XV Duke of Norfolk in 1868 and was opened on 1st of July...