Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1874

31 July 2014

1874 – Villas, Rostrevor, Co. Down

Architect: William J. Watson Terrace of four villas constructed in Rostrevor, and published in The Irish Builder, May 15 1874. Watson was a Newry-based architect who had a thriving practice in this part...

21 March 2014

1874 – Warehouses, Nos.1-3 Donegall Square South, Belfast

Architect: John Lanyon Large warehouse of red sandstone on the corner of Adelaide Street and Donegall Square for Preston Smyth & Co., and John Preston & Co. Demolished to make way for a...

03 March 2014

1874 – Proposed new street by Christ Church Cathedral, Dublin

Architect: Sir Thomas Drew “This illustration is such a reproduction from a rough sketch made some time back by Mr. Drew, RHA to realise for some parties interested the effect of a new...

31 January 2014

1874 – Design for Museum & Library, Sydney, Australia

Architect: James Barnet James Barnet’s design for a combined Art Gallery, Museum and Library in 1874, never constructed. Intended for the corner of College and William streets was far grander than the museum...

25 January 2014

1874 – J. Robb & Co Department Store, Castle St., Belfast

Architect: William Hastings John Robb & Co was a Belfast department store that had extended many times in the late 19th century. Originally it was at No 15 in 1861, expanding to No...

04 January 2014

1875 – Kaufhaus Schneider, Maximiliansplatz, Munich, Germany

Design for a department store in Munich. Destroyed.

21 November 2013

1874 – Chateau St. Michael, Cannes, France

Architect: T.T. Smith “Built two miles on the east side of Cannes, on the road towards Golfe Yuan, is situated on an eminence overlooking the Mediterranean, and commanding extensive views over the Estrelle...

17 July 2013

1874 – St. Peter’s Church, Eaton Square, London

Architect: Arthur W. Blomfield St. Peter’s was designed in a classical style by the architect Henry Hakewill, completed by 1827, and featured a six-columned Ionic portico and a clock tower. In 1874, the...

01 July 2013

1874 – Old Furnivals Distillery, Nos. 26-27 High Holborn, London

Architect: George Somers-Clarke Published in The Building News, December 26 1873: “Nos. 26 and 27, High Holborn, have been taken by Messrs. Henry Brett and Co., of the Old Furnival’s Distillery, and have...