Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1874

09 October 2012

1874 – St John the Divine, Teddington, London

Architect: George Edmund Street & George Bodley Constructed between 1871-74, of red brick, with parapets, window openings, doorways dressed with stone. Most noticeable is the tall spire. At over 260 feet, it is...

11 August 2012

1874 – Keepers Lodge, Broadwell Grove Estate, Oxford

Architect: William Wilkinson Perspective including ground plans published in The Building News, April 16th 1875.

31 May 2012

1874 – Middle Class Schools for the Grocers Company, Hackney, London

Architect: T. Roger Smith A submitted design for a new school for the Grocers Company. As part of the Company’s work, a school was founded in Hackney, east London, in 1876 for the...

20 May 2012

1874 – Labourers Cottages, Hatfield, Essex

Architect: Fred Chancellor From The Building News, October 23 1874: “We give this week plans and sketch of a pair of cottages, several of which have been built upon the estates of G....

26 April 2012

1874 – Middle Class Schools for the Grocers Company, Hackney, London

Architect: Paull & Bikerdike A submitted design for a new school for the Grocers Company. As part of the Company’s work, a school was founded in Hackney, east London, in 1876 for the...

12 April 2012

1874 – Farm Buildings, Pertenhall, Bedfordshire

Architect: J.T. Bottle Perspective including vignette of ground plan for farm buildings on the estate of Corpus Christi College, Oxford. Designed by J.T. Bottle with offices in Falmouth & London. Published in The...

26 January 2012

1874 – International Order of Odd Fellows, London, Ontario

A commercial building containing the lodge of the International Order of Odd Fellows on the upper floors and a branch of A. & S. Nordheimer Co at street level. A. & S. Nordheimer...

31 May 2011

1874 – Paper-Staining Works, Goswell Rd., London

Architect: Perry & Hanson From The Building News, August 28 1874: “The illustration represents the Goswell-road front of the Paper-Staining Works recently rebuilt, after a fire, for Messrs. Erwood and Co. The front...

26 May 2011

1874 – King’s College, Taunton, Somerset

Architect: Giles & Gane Previously called Taunton College School when it was moved from its site in Corporation Street to South Road in 1869. In 1879 educational pioneer, Canon Nathaniel Woodard, bought the...

17 May 2011

1874 – School, Keyingham, Yorkshire

Architect: Robert Clamp From The Building News: “The new schools are situated in the centre of an irregular plot of ground facing the Salter-road, in the outskirts of the village. They are to...