Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1874

26 January 2012

1874 – International Order of Odd Fellows, London, Ontario

A commercial building containing the lodge of the International Order of Odd Fellows on the upper floors and a branch of A. & S. Nordheimer Co at street level. A. & S. Nordheimer...

31 May 2011

1874 – Paper-Staining Works, Goswell Rd., London

Architect: Perry & Hanson From The Building News, August 28 1874: “The illustration represents the Goswell-road front of the Paper-Staining Works recently rebuilt, after a fire, for Messrs. Erwood and Co. The front...

26 May 2011

1874 – King’s College, Taunton, Somerset

Architect: Giles & Gane Previously called Taunton College School when it was moved from its site in Corporation Street to South Road in 1869. In 1879 educational pioneer, Canon Nathaniel Woodard, bought the...

17 May 2011

1874 – School, Keyingham, Yorkshire

Architect: Robert Clamp From The Building News: “The new schools are situated in the centre of an irregular plot of ground facing the Salter-road, in the outskirts of the village. They are to...

30 March 2011

1874 – Parson’s House, Moorgreen, Nottingham

Architect: E.W. Godwin Published in The Building News, March 6 1874.

15 March 2011

1874 – Skating Rink, Southport Winter Gardens, Lancashire

Architect: Maxwell & Tuke Designed by Maxwell & Tuke of Bury. Published in The Building News, December 24th 1875. The Winter Gardens were opened on 16 September 1874, on the sea front at...

06 March 2011

1874 – Interior of Church Now Being built Nr. Bristol, Gloucestershire

Architect: Ponton & Gough Interior of Church Now Being built Nr. Bristol, published in The Building News, July 25th 1874

25 February 2011

1874 – Design for a townhall, Paris, France

Published in The Building News, May 15th 1874.

16 February 2011

1874 – Unitarian Church, Nottingham

Architect: Stuart Colman Front Perspective View & plan; Interior Perspective towards Altar; both published in The Building News, April 24th 1874. Some years ago it became a museum to commemorate Nottingham’s old lace...