Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1874

16 July 2009

1874 – St. Matthias Schools, Bethnal Green, London

Architect: Thomas Mitchell A Church of England Primary school connected with the local parish church.

16 July 2009

1874 – Great Hunter Street School, Old Kent Road, London

Architect: Frederick Roper Published in The Building News, 5 June 1874. This is the earliest board school surviving in London, but is now made up of residential units.

16 July 2009

1874 – Public Elementary Schools, Wapping, London

Architect: E.C. Robins

15 July 2009

1874 – St Luke’s Church, Dewsbury, Yorkshire

Architect: Holtom & Connon From The Building News, November 6 1874: “This church is about to be erected on a hillside, the upper portion of which is bounded by Leeds-road, one of the...

15 July 2009

1874 – Church of St. Saviour, Mortomley, Yorkshire

Architect: James Brooks Perspective view of Church of St. Saviour including ground plan as published in The Building News, July 10th 1874: “The design for this church was selected in a limited competition,...

14 July 2009

1874 – Springfield School, Sheffield, Yorkshire

Architect: Innocent & Brown Perspective View including plans published in The Building News, January 24th 1885.

13 July 2009

1874 – Owens College, Manchester, Lancashire

Architect: Alfred Waterhouse John Owens, a Manchester textile merchant, bequeathed £96,942 in 1846 for the purpose of founding a college for the education of males on non-sectarian lines. Owens College was established and...

07 July 2009

1874 – Beauvale House, Nottinghamshire

Architect: E.W. Godwin Beauvale House is an important Grade II* Listed period house designed by the famous architect E W Godwin in Old English Revival Style and completed in 1873 for the 7th...

07 July 2009

1874 – Church of St. John Baptist, Spalding, Lincolnshire

Architect: R.J. Withers From The Building News, July 17 1874: “This church, with vicarage-house and schools, of which we give an exterior view, is being built, by Miss M. A. Johnson, of Spalding....