Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr


11 November 2015

1875 – Mortuary Chapel, Taunton, Somerset

Architect: William J. Fennell Entry competition by Dublin architect William J. Fennell for mortuary chapels in Taunton. According to The Irish Builder: “The instructions furnished, required two chapels – one for Episcopalians, and...

01 October 2015

1875 – Classiebawn, Mullaghmore, Co. Sligo

Architect: J. Rawson Carroll Designed in the Baronial style by J. Rawson Carroll, a Dublin-based, but Scottish, architect, and is constructed of local stone with Mountcharles stone dressings brought by sea from County...

26 August 2015

1875 – St. Catherine of Sienna, Dominican Church, Newry, Co. Down

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Church for the Dominicans, foundation stone laid in May 1873. Although dedicated in September 17 187r, the spire was not completed until 1884. The mosaic decoration in chancel & chapels...

13 June 2014

1875 – Dining & Confectionary Shop, Arnott & Co., Henry Street, Dublin

Architect: G.P Beater Destroyed by fire in 1894. A description published in 1875: “The premises now erecting for Messrs. Arnott and Co., in Henry-street, will contain besides the front and back shops (the...

14 May 2014

1875 – St. Mary’s Hall, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Alexander Macalister The design was chosen as a result of an architectural competition. St Mary’s Catholic Hall was used for concerts and dances, and also included a primary school until 1901. It...

27 March 2014

1875 – Waterside Railway Station, Derry

Architect: John Lanyon The Belfast & Northern Counties Railway commissioned an impressive dressed sandstone structure with Italianate tower, which opened in 1875. In addition to the usual train shed, waiting, booking and refreshment...

21 March 2014

1875 – Creagh, Ballinrobe, Co. Mayo

Architect: Samuel Ussher Roberts Creagh House was built by Colonel Knox in 1875, ‘beautiful manor house to the right of the French chateau lately occupied by his predecessor’ when the footprint of the...

12 March 2014

1875 – W.H. Smith & Co., Middle Abbey Street, Dublin

Architect: Alfred G. Jones Built at Nos. 79-80 Middle Abbey Street for W.H. Smith whose assets and business in Ireland was eventually taken over by Charles Eason and Son in 1886. Probably a...

07 March 2014

1874 – Todd’s Department Store, Limerick

Architect: William S. Cox Todd’s was a Limerick landmark with a stately interior, long and wide mahogany counters, and an all-round balcony with cast-iron ornamental railings. The store was founded by William Todd...

Pages:1234567...20Next »