Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1875

21 October 2009

1875 – Villa, Clapham, London

Architect: J.W. Brooker From The Architect, August 14, 1875: This residence is being built for Mr. F. Bird, at the corner of Gauden Road and Bromfelde Road, on an estate recently opened for...

21 October 2009

1875 – Norgrove Buildings, Bishopsgate, London

Architect: A.W. Archer From The Architect, August 14, 1875: The above buildings, recently completed, are situated in one of the chief commercial centres of the city. The premises comprise basement, ground, first, second,...

21 October 2009

1875 – Design for Hastings Town Hall, Sussex

Architect: E.J.J Shrewsbury From The Architect, July 24, 1875: This design was submitted in the late competition by Mr. E.J.J Shrewsbury, of Maidenhead. It was one of the selected six, and is said...

21 October 2009

1875 – Church of St. Augustine, Bermondsey, London

Architect: Henry Jarvis & Son From The Architect, July 24, 1875: Owing to the site for the church being about six feet below the road, and to the soil being entirely of peat...

21 October 2009

1875 – Corfton Manor, Shropshire

Architect: S. Pountney Smith From The Architect, July 24, 1875: This house has been built for Mr. T. Lloyd Roberts, J.P., on his estate in Corve Dale. It is built of bricks and...

21 October 2009

1875 – City Liberal Club, London

Architect: H.H. Collins From The Architect, July 10, 1875: The accompanying illustrations have been reduced from some of those which -were submitted by Mr. H. H. Collins, of Queen Street, E.C., in the...

21 October 2009

1875 – St. Stephen’s Church, Bristol, Gloucestershire

Architect: Charles F. Hansom From The Architect. July 3, 1875: publish to-day an interior view of the chancel of this church, which is about to be restored, from designs by Mr. C. F....

21 October 2009

1875 – Palé, Llandderfel, Merionethshire, Wales

Architect: S. Pountney Smith From The Architect, July 5, 1875: The mansion at Pale, Merionethshire, of which we this week give an illustration, has recently been erected for Mr. H. Robertson , M.P.,...

02 October 2009

1875 – City Hall, Lisbon

Architect: Lisbon’s city hall, called the Paços do Conselho, stands on the east side of the Praça do Municipio. The Neo-Classical facade appears very plain in contrast to the interior. Allegorical figures in...