Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1875

30 September 2009

1875 – Bank of Ireland, Monaghan, Co. Monaghan

Architect: O’Neill & Byrne Formerly the Hibernian Bank – the Bank of Ireland is a good example of the bank’s campaign to attract catholic wealth in the late 19th century. This was done...

29 September 2009

1875 – Lodge, Castle Leslie, Glaslough, Co. Monaghan

Architect: Charles Lanyon At the entrance to the Leslie Demense from the village, this substantial stone building has been used as a hotel, and is now part of the family’s equestrian centre. Presumably...

25 September 2009

1875 – St Michael’s Roman Catholic Church, Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh

Architect: O’Neill & Byrne Largely built between 1870-75 to just above the belfry – the spire was added more recently. The interior is large and gloomy with some interesting pieces including: a William...

23 September 2009

1875 – St Lukes, Cork

Architect: Sir John Benson & William H. Hill Saint Luke’s Church of Ireland was the third church to stand on the site. Sir John Benson and William H. Hill designed the church in...

17 September 2009

1875 – Convent of Mercy, Brickfield Lane, Dublin

Architect: John L. Robinson From The Architect, November 20, 1875: The convent and chapel illustrated in the present number have been erected in connection with St. Joseph’s Night Refuge for homeless women and...

17 September 2009

1875 – Hume Mausoleum, Kiltegan, Co. Wicklow

Architect: James Brooks The Hume mausoleum is behind the Church of Ireland Church and is a massive structure of granite ashlar half sunk into the earth with the doorcase half below ground level.The...

10 August 2009

1875 – Grammar School, Trafalgar Road, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk

Architect: T.J. Bottle Perspective view & plans published in The Building News, November 19th 1875.

04 August 2009

1875 – New House at Streatham Hill, London

Architect: Robert W. Edis Perspective view with plans published in The Building News, June 4th 1875.

29 July 2009

1875 – St. Andrews Church, Lincoln, Lincolnshire

Architect: James Fowler Interior view Looking east, published in The Building News, December 24th 1875.