Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1875

16 July 2009

1875 – Church of The English Martyrs, Tower Hill, London

Architect: Edward Welby Pugin Original design by Edward Welby Pugin who died in 1875, the remainder of the design work including the interior being completed by Pugin & Pugin. As published in The...

16 July 2009

1875 – General Baptist Chapel, Westbourne Park, London

Architect: J. Wallis Chapman Now demolished – replaced by a modern circa 1950s church.

16 July 2009

1875 – Boyd Workman’s Institute, Victoria Docks, London

Architect: Giles & Gane Founded by Henry Boyd, local vicar who was instrumental in trying to improve the lifes of the dockers and their families through education. In the 189s a centre for...

16 July 2009

1875 – No.1 Poultry, London

Architect: J. & J. Belcher Early design proposal for No.1 Poultry, which was ultimately to become the Mappin & Webb building, also designed by John Belcher. It was demolished eventually in 1194 when...

16 July 2009

1875 – Church of the Ascension, Lavender Hill, London

Architect: James Brooks Pictured is the original design for Church of the Ascension published in 1875, but not completed until 1883. The architect James Brooks discovered during construction that he had to pour...

16 July 2009

1875 – Design for Improved Industrial Dwellings, Goswell Road, London

Architect: Pope & Son Perspective View & floor plans as published in The Architect, March 27th 1875.

16 July 2009

1875 – Spring Bank, Haverstock Hill, London

Architect: J.M. Brydon

16 July 2009

1875 – Board Of Works Offices, Greenwich, London

Architect: W.C. Brangwyn Greenwich was a local government district within the metropolitan area of London, England from 1855 to 1900. It was formed by the Metropolis Management Act 1855 and was governed by...

16 July 2009

1875 – Houses, Upper Berkeley Street, London

Architect: T.H. Wyatt Unconstructed design for terrace of houses on Berkely Street in London.