Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1875

15 June 2010

1875 – Wykehurst Place, Bolney, Sussex

Architect: Edward Middleton Barry A large Gothic Revival mansion resembling more the châteaux of the Loire than an English manor house. It was designed in 1871 by architect Edward Middleton Barry for the...

11 March 2010

1875 – Convent of the Assumption, Kensington Square, London

Architect: Goldie & Child Designed and built between 1870 and 1875 by George Goldie of Goldie & Child, this convent church is still in use today by the order who commissioned it.

11 March 2010

1875 – Town Hall, Chorley, Lancashire

Architect: John Ladds & W.H. Powell A local landmark which has recently been restored. It includes a magnificent ballroom – known as the Lancastrian.

08 March 2010

1875 – Church, Cambridge Park, Twickenham, London

Architect: Raphael Brandon Possibly never built as designed – existing church on site seems to be by Lockwood & Mawson. This sketch of tower and chancel was published in The Building News, April...

08 March 2010

1875 – The Priory, Mill Hill, London

Architect: T.E. Collcutt From The Building News, June 11th 1875.

08 March 2010

1875 – Aquarium & Winter Garden, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk

Architect: Norton & Masey A monumental structure designed by John Norton and Philip E. Masey of London in 1875. The plan for the main part of the building showed a grand hall, 194...

08 March 2010

1875 – Abbey Cloth Mills, Bradford on Avon, Wiltshire

Architect: Richard Gane This imposing structure was built in 1875 as a cloth mill; a defiant gesture in the face of the industry’s steep decline. The mill closed in 1902. It served as...

04 March 2010

1875 – Sage College, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York

Architect: Professor Charles Babcock Sage Residential College was built in 1875 at Cornell University’s Ithaca, New York campus as a residential building. Currently it houses the Johnson Graduate School of Management. It was...

04 March 2010

1875 – Wadhurst Park, Sussex

Architect: E.J. Tarver The Maunser family built several houses on the site. A map from 1652 shows an Elizabethan manor house, half timbered and gabled, with outbuildings and a church. In 1870 the...