Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1875

04 March 2010

1875 – Lecture Hall, Hawkhurst, Kent

Architect: Alfred Williams This was built, as a lecture hall, for Mr. Henry Maynard in 1875. It was subsequently a village hall (and now known as Victoria Hall) and is now a smart...

23 February 2010

1875 – College House, Malvern College, Worcestershire

Architect: Haddon Bros. The school opened in January 1865 with about 24 boy pupils and around six teachers. Initially, there were two houses but expansion was rapid and by 1877 there were six...

23 February 2010

1875 – Middlesbrough Assembly Rooms, Yorkshire

Architect: Robert J. Johnson

23 February 2010

1875 – Grammar School, Darlington, Durham

Architect: George Gordon Hoskins Now the location for the Queen Elizabeth Sixth Form College which was established in 1970 on the site of the old Queen Elizabeth Grammar School. Much of the building...

10 February 2010

1875 – Scottish Widows, Westmoreland Street, Dublin

Architect: Thomas Newenham Deane Orginally built in 1875 with some minor additions in 1879 for Scottish Widows, this was for many years a bank branch of AIB. It has a magnificent sandstone facade...

02 February 2010

1875 – Liffey Railway Bridge, Conyngham Road, Dublin

A fine bridge leading to the Phoenix Park tunnel which links Heuston Station to Connolly Station via Cabra and which is now mainly used for freight trains. The Longmeadow Apartment scheme can be...

07 January 2010

1875 – Former Convent, Drogheda, Co. Louth

This attractive former convent and school displays varied decorative detailing from the elegant dog-tooth mouldings to the more robust rock-faced plinth. This decoration together with the contrasting brick and stone construction make this...

14 December 2009

1875 – Premiated Design for New Parliament House, Berlin

Architect: Sir George Gilbert Scott Premiated entry after international architectural competition to design a new parliament for the then recently unified Germany.

09 December 2009

1875 – Paisley Town Hall, Scotland

Architect: Rennison & Scott Premiated design for new townhall. Interior illustration published in The Building News, July 23rd 1875. Never built, instead a fine design by Irish architect W.H. Lynn was constructed.