Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1876

07 June 2014

1876 – Philbeach Gardens, Earls Court, London

In the year after 1867, Earls Court was transformed into a densely populated suburb with 1,200 houses and two churches. Building began in Philbeach Gardens in 1876.

05 June 2014

1876 – Royal Marine Hotel, Salthill, Co. Galway

Architect: Edward Townsend Small hotel, with two floors and dormered attic designed by Galway engineer Edward Townsend. Townsend was Professor of Civil Engineering at Queen’s College, Galway for about fifty years.

23 May 2014

1876 – Catholic Hall, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal

Architect: Timothy Hevey “This building, of which we gave exterior and interior views with last number, has been erected in Letterkenny, County Donegal, to supply a want long experiences, as heretofore there was...

07 May 2014

1876 – St. Patrick’s Convent of Mercy, Downpatrick, Co. Down

Architect: Mortimer H. Thomson “The subject of our illustration with present No. is the Convent of Mercy lately erected at Mount St. Patrick, Downpatrick. The material used is the local blue stone in...

06 May 2014

1876 – Additions to St. Teresa’s Church, Clarendon Street, Dublin

Architect: O’Neill & Byrne From the late 18th century onwards, many architects have put their mark on the Carmelite church on Clarendon Street. O’Neill & Byrne’s work between 1869 and 1877 was a...

14 April 2014

1876 – Killynether House, Comber, Co. Down

Architect: Henry Chappell Constructed as part of the Marquis of Londonderry’s estate and extended and remodelled in the early 1870s. Demolished in the 1960s by the National Trust after being used as a...

12 April 2014

1876 – Laurence Egan’s, 87 North King Street, Dublin

Architect: O’Neill & Byrne This fine Victorian commercial premises still stands on North King Street, although hardly recognisable underneath modern signage, shop fronts and garish paint. The doorway to the right of the...

19 March 2014

1876 – Presbyterian Church, Donemana, Co. Tyrone

Architect: William McElwee Still in use today, this is a fine Presbyterian chirch finished in local limestone on a slightly elevated site above streetlevel. “Donemana, where this church is being built , is...

19 March 2014

1876 – St. Mary’s Church, Broughderg, Co. Tyrone

Architect: William McElwee Closed in the 1980s and replaced by a modern church nearby. Now semi-derelict. “This church us being built in a mountain district of the extensive parish of Lower Badmey, county...

Pages:1234567...13Next »