Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1876

18 November 2010

1876 – Prize Design for The Public Offices, Leeds, Yorkshire

Architect: Daniel Brade Front Perspective View & Plans of second premiated design published in The Building News April 28th 1877.

22 October 2010

1876 – Convent of the Sisters of Charity, Ballaghaderreen, Co. Roscommon

Architect: J.J. O’Callaghan Small gothic revival convent by O`Callaghan with the nuns accommodation separated from the chapel by a small two-stage tower and belfry. Now disused but intact.

09 August 2010

1876 – Merrist Wood, Surrey

Architect: Richard Norman Shaw As published in The Building News, March 25th 1877. Country House, designed for Charles Peyto Shrubb, built 1876-7. It was rebuilt after fire in 1978, and is now an...

21 June 2010

1876 – Wilmshurst, Uckfield, Sussex

Architect: S.J. Nicholl Perspective View including plans as published in The Building News, May 19th 1876.

18 June 2010

1876 – Wesleyan Chapel, Oxford

Architect: Charles Bell Front Elevation & Ground Plan as published in The Building News, February 18th 1876.

22 May 2010

1876 – St Helens Town Hall, Lancashire

Architect: Depicted prior to a fire which destroyed the steeple.

08 March 2010

1876 – Middle Class Schools for the Grocers Company, Hackney, London

Architect: Theophilus Allen The winning entry in an architectural competition for a school for the Grocers Company in Hackney. The Company was founded in the fourteenth century (1345) as the Guild of Pepperers....

01 February 2010

1876 – Centennial Exposition, Philadelphia

The Centennial International Exhibition of 1876, the first official World’s Fair in the United States, was held in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the signing of the Declaration of Independence...

29 January 2010

1876 – Nationalgalerie, Berlin

Architect: Friedrich August Stüler, Johann Heinrich Strack Part of the Museumsinsel complex of galleries and museums, the Nationalgalerie is surrounded by a long colonnade of Doric columns. The building itself takes the form...