Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1876

18 June 2010

1876 – Wesleyan Chapel, Oxford

Architect: Charles Bell Front Elevation & Ground Plan as published in The Building News, February 18th 1876.

22 May 2010

1876 – St Helens Town Hall, Lancashire

Architect: Depicted prior to a fire which destroyed the steeple.

08 March 2010

1876 – Middle Class Schools for the Grocers Company, Hackney, London

Architect: Theophilus Allen The winning entry in an architectural competition for a school for the Grocers Company in Hackney. The Company was founded in the fourteenth century (1345) as the Guild of Pepperers....

01 February 2010

1876 – Centennial Exposition, Philadelphia

The Centennial International Exhibition of 1876, the first official World’s Fair in the United States, was held in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the signing of the Declaration of Independence...

29 January 2010

1876 – Nationalgalerie, Berlin

Architect: Friedrich August Stüler, Johann Heinrich Strack Part of the Museumsinsel complex of galleries and museums, the Nationalgalerie is surrounded by a long colonnade of Doric columns. The building itself takes the form...

19 January 2010

1876 – Former Bank, Tullamore, Co. Offaly

Architect: Sandham Symes A fine cut stone bank branch with associated living accommodation above. Now used as offices. Designed by Sandham Symes in 1870 but not built for almost a decade, this former...

07 January 2010

1876 – Bank of Ireland, Drogheda, Co. Louth

Architect: Sandham Symes A fine and vigorous building by Sandham Symes who also designed a fine branch for the same bank in Kilkenny. Designed in an Italianate style, the five bay, two storey...

16 December 2009

1876 – L’Hôpital de la Miséricorde, Quebec City, Quebec

Architect: David Ouellet The Good Shepherd Museum is located in the fine neo-gothic L’Hôpital de la Miséricorde. The two wings set aside for the museum were built in 1878 and 1887 to plans...

11 December 2009

1876 – St Andrews Presbyterian Church, Toronto, Ontario

Architect: William G. Storm / S.G. Curry St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church is located on King St. at Simcoe. It was designed by architect George Storm (also known as William G. Storm) who also...