Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1876

04 December 2009

1876 – Mercat de la Boqueria, Barcelona

Architect: Josep Mª Cornet i Mas A fine iron and glass structure set in what was an open space surrounded by collonaded arcades.

03 December 2009

1876 – Mercat del Born, Barcelona

Architect: Josep Fontseré A fine iron structure, the former Mercat del Born is now closed for restoration.

13 November 2009

1876 – Post Office, Waterford

Architect: James Ryan or E.T. Owen Designed by the relatively unknown James Ryan, who may according to some historians have spent time in the Board of Public Works, or possibly by E.T. Owen...

19 October 2009

1876 – Church of St. Jude, Peckham, London

Architect: Arthur W. Blomfield This building, which replaced an earlier iron church, was bombed during the Second World War. Only the vestry survived and was then referred to as St Jude’s Chapel. It...

09 October 2009

1876 – Baptist Chapel & Schools, Highgate Road, London

Architect: Satchell & Edwards Closed for many years and recently converted into apartments, after the church elders decided to downsize the church into the Sunday School building of the complex.

09 October 2009

1876 – Entrance Lodge, Mentmore, Buckinghamshire

Architect: W. Niven Perspective View including ground floor plan published in The Building News, August 22nd 1876. “This lodge was designed at the request of Miss Hannah de Rothschild (Lady Rosebery) to be...

17 September 2009

1876 – Tipperary Town Hall, Co. Tipperary

Architect: T.G. Jackson The only Irish work of Oxford-based architect Thomas Jackson, the former townhall is now refurbished as a local theatre after a period of neglect, and several fires. The interior was...

17 September 2009

1876 – Rossmore Mausoleum, Monaghan, Co. Monaghan

Architect: E.J. Tarver The Rossmore Mausoleum was designed by E.J. Tarver for the 4th Baron Rossmore who died after a hunting accident at Windsor Castle in 1874 aged 23. Built on a rocky...

10 August 2009

1876 – Chapel of St. Mary at the Cross, Edgware Abbey, Middlesex

Architect: James Brooks Edgeware Abbey is a Benedictine convent founded in 1866.